Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Patriotic Valentine's Day


While looking at the new release for Sassy Studio Designs I became inspired by their Pin-Up style. That in turn got me thinking about the pin-ups that the troops in the '40s had while overseas and how they miss this special day with their own loved ones. Then I thought that we still have boys overseas that miss this day, so my idea started to devleop. I decided I would do a tribute to them using Sassy Cupid and Sassy's Sexy Sandy. I kept the cards simple with no bling because I know that glitter on cards is a no-no when sending them overseas. Now I don't have a soldier myself, but I do hope that there are some women out there that would like to send these to their men. If so, please let me know and I will send the cards to you so that you may use them yourselves.

Challenges used:
CPS - sketch

Yes, I know a word is spelled wrong. I didn't catch it before I took the photo but it is now fixed. Whoever would like this card with get it with all words spelled correctly :)
Challenges used:
Stamptacular Sunday Challenges - sketch



Challenges used:
Sketch Saturday - sketch
One Stop Craft Challenge - movie theme: support for all those patriotic movies and the pin-ups the soliders have in them
Saturday Spotlight - create a Valentine's with NO hearts


Challenges used:
Mojo Monday - sketch
Cinema Saturday - A Knight's Tale (use stars): I took the stars and the support they have for their knight for my card

Photobucket

34 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT cards!!!! Love your interpretation of this week's CPS sketch, thanks for joining us!!

Piali said...

Fabulous Cassie!!! love them all..great idea and coloring is awesome...You Rock !!!

Anita said...

I am so in love with this patriotic series of cards you have designed...awesome idea! :)

scubasubie said...

What great cards. Especially for all the husband's that are in the military.

Lelia Pierce said...

Great idea, Cass! Love them as patriotic Valentine's! I know you'll get lots of requests for these!

Hugs,
Lelia

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fabulous cards Cassie. You really have captured the patrriotic theme for the night at the movies challenge. The images are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

gale said...

These are all so cute. Love those images.

Laurel said...

Wow, these are absolutely fabulous!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great job with all these cards! The are so very patriotic and I'm sure some of the "boyz" would love these!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Your coloring is so awesome!! These are fabulous cards and images!! Great take on the challenges too!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Kathy said...

Wow Cassie, these are awesome, you are so generous to offer them to someone with a loved one in the military. Great cards and great act of kindness!

Aud Kirsten said...

Great cards! Fantastic coloring. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

Jen Shults said...

How cute are these and what a great use of these images! they are just PERFECT!!!! Awesome job!

Paula said...

GREAT cards, love how you combined the patriatism with valentine's day...pure GENIUS! From the wavy punches to the adorable sentiments...fantastic job! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Lea L. said...

How sassy are these! I love the combo of patriotic and valentine's! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Shelly Schmidt said...

Whew- sexy mama!!! Gorgeous cards Cassie!

Erin said...

These pin-up girls are so awesome! I love these cards!!! Great job!

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome cards! I was checking out the pin-up images yesterday, too... great ideas on using them! LOVE how you've thought of our soldiers for them, wonderful idea! And Thank You for remembering...
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC!
Dee

Lisa said...

What a great idea! I love the non-traditional colors!

Hugs,
Lisa

Line said...

All your cards are fabulous!! Love the images and the coloring is superb!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Jessica G. said...

Perfect modern day pin up girls for the troops! Awesome coloring on these gals, too. Thanks for joining us in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

Mary G. said...

Cassie- these are fabulous! LOVE the images!!!! You did a great job with them, too!! WOW!

Nancy K said...

Oooh -so sassy! Looks like you had fun with this project. Great idea!!

Sankari W. said...

You have created such beautiful cards - and what a great idea to send it to those who need a card to send to our soliders - beautiful idea! Thanks so much for playing along with our Cinema Saturday Challenge - love the sweet stars in your card!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

Carolyn said...

What a sexy card. I'm sure your soldier will be really happy to receive it. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Valerie said...

oh I love what you did with these cards...the colors and the military theme!

Rachel said...

WOW!!!! These are GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful job girl!!!
hugs,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats!! You've won the sponsor prize at Saturday Spotlight this week!! :) Please be sure to contact me so I get your goodie to you!! HUGS

Shelley said...

What a fantastic idea and such gorgeous, sassy cards. Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge.
Hugs Shelley xx

Georgia said...

Really cute cards! Thanks for joining us this week at the SSC.

Naomi said...

These are great! What a wonderful idea to give them to women to send to their soldier men! Love the sentiments, brilliant!

Liza said...

What super cards. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards ;0)
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

janneke

Sam said...

These are great and how sweet of you to offer them up. I am sure they are all gone already.
Sam.