Friday, January 29, 2010

Who's up for some cards?

Another preview for the upcoming SSD release. This time I used the newest image called Sassy Queen of Hearts. I saw on this blog this wonderful idea of creating a gift box for playing cards, post-it notes, and a pen. (However, I can't find any playing cards laying around my house so I thought it would also be great for the little love cards I have so that everything is in one place for me to easily leave my DH little loves notes around the house). I thought that I would do my own twist on it. Since I don't own the embossing folder with the Queen of Hearts (would love it but just don't have the money for it) I thought I would create my own with my computer. I cut out the middle and back it with a red frame and then covered it from the back with some vellum. Before I printed Sassy's Queen of Hearts I computer colored the black and a base of red. Once printed I went over most of the black with my black Spica and then went over the red with my Copics (since it already had a read base it didn't take much ink from my markers) and then touched some of it with the red Spica as well.




Also, don't forget about the Sassyland release party and the Bingo that we'll be playing. You'll need to sign up at the Sassy blog to get your Game card (you'll need to leave your name and email addy).




Photobucket

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh too cute!

Jen Shults said...

This just looks awesome! I love your coloring in this and they sparkle is PERFECT. And what a cute presentation of a that image! WONDERFUL idea!!

scubasubie said...

OOOOO I like that!!! I like how you made it a little game box and havea deck of cards and a score pad. What a great idea.

gale said...

Cute!! Love the image.

CathyRose said...

Fabulous! Wonderful work!