Saturday, January 30, 2010

Vintage Pin Up

I'm discovering why people get their Master's BEFORE they have kids. I'm finding that to spend time with my kids and still study (which I still need to work on - studying that is) means that I have less time with DH. He's understands but it still stinks. My crafting time is down to one night and maybe 10 min here and there (although I knew that was going to happen). I still craft as it is my stress release, but I'm missing DH (we try to aim for one night together a week too) and my time with God. Sometimes I even question doing this. Lots of prayers are happening and I just need to trust Him.

This card came together rather quickly. Even the coloring didn't take me that long which shocked me. I used several challenges for this card; although some are more on the softer side (like the use of hearts - I used some DP that has hearts on it behinde the image and in the bottom corner opposite from the image there is a heart). My vintage look isn't quite what I had pictured, but that's because in my mind there was sewing with some cream colored thread. Alas, I couldn't find my thread and was running out of time (not to mention that I didn't really want to pull out my machine). The flower is a fun technique I found here. It was so easy to do and will be used again :) The image itself is Sexy Sandy from Sassy Studio Designs. This image came from her Valentine release earlier this month. The sentiment came from PTI.




The Challenges:
If the Shoe Fits - vintage (I distressed the edges, crumpled some paper - including the paper for the flower, and used a pin-up image that had a vintage feel to it).
Cute Card Thursday - flowers (in her hair and the one I made)
Dare U 2 Digi - hearts/valentine
Cupcake Craft Challenge - matching set (the card has a matching coupon for the reciever to redeem)

Photobucket

25 comments:

lesleyworth said...

What a FANTASTIC image! Great card! Thank you for playing along with us at the Shoe! Love it!

Juanita said...

What a cute image, love the distressing and that beautiful flower. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Angela said...

Too sweet Cassie!! Love the soft pinks and that flower is just beautiful!!! I'm noy going back to school and I still have a had time trying to find enough time in a day to spend with my three children and husband!! So I could not even imagine how hard it is for you!!! But as you already know as long as you leave it in the Lord's hands everything will be okay and work out to his will!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Heidi said...

Cassie this is so pretty, you do such a nice job coloring her skin tone to fit her.

gale said...

This is beautiful!

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful matching set. The image is beautiful and your colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Melissa Craig said...

Very pretty card - super sassy image! You did a beautiful job, love the colors and the softness.


Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jen Shults said...

This is stunning. I love love love the layout and the softness of this card. Your coloring is perfection! Really gorgeous!

Leann said...

This is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us on CCT :)
Hugs x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the flower!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Rosanne said...

Very pretty!

Joanne said...

Your card is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon =)
Joanne xo

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

LOVE the coloring on her, she looks fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at SSDS =)

Denimo said...

This is a great card! I love how you colored the image! Thanks for joining in our Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge!!
Hugs, Denise

Unknown said...

wow! i love this!!! love love love it! thanks for sharing and joining us at the Shoe!!!
tracey

Kathy said...

She is a knock out Cassie, so pretty! Love your coloring.

Davi said...

Such a fun image and love that flower!!

by. Amy Schultz said...

oo lala, what a sweet image!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love that flower Cassie!

I understand about school. I finished mine with DH gone for a year and a 12 month old at home. It is very hard, but you know what...it will be done and over with and then it will be worth it in the end! What helped me were short term goals...literally a day at a time, a class at a time. I learned to say "no" a lot. Pared down my commitments so that I could be successful with my family and school, which were the most important at the time. You will find a nice balance soon. :)

Christine said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at SCSC

Christine xx

Avril Tanner said...

oh... very pretty!

CarlaKH said...

I love this! Just so pretty! It is hard to balance it all.. I admire you for doing just that!

Chris said...

A sweet card and a great image! Love your colouring and pretty flower too. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Naomi said...

That's so pretty! And hang in there! You can do it! The sacrifice you make now will be so worth it! God will not give you more than you can bear, so you must be one tough chick! One foot, then the other...keep going!!!