I am trying to start using my stamps more instead of coloring all of the time. I forget how much fun it is to all use my stamps and create great artwork with them. This particular stamp set is from Hero Arts and I had gotten it last summer buy had yet to use it. In fact, I got it for an online class but never compeleted it. I thought it might be fun to use it on some of my textured cardstock and it went so well with the colors from inspiration challenge. I used my nesties for the for labels and the Martha Stewart branch like punch as well as the triple butterflies punch for some of the embellies. I've been seeing lots of people making their own flowers with scallop border punches and dies so I thought I would take a stab at it. I usually like my embellies to be rather flat so this was out of my comfort zone too. I took a thin strip of coral cardstock and punched along one edge with the scallop punch I have. Then I simply rolled the strip up while distressing the scallops. I did a tight roll first and didn't like it so then I let it loosen up some before I glued it to a random cream flower I've had forever buy never used. To give it a little sparkle I randomly painted some Magenta shimmerz paint in the flower (I also covered the small coral butterfly). The whole card "Shimmerz" since I coated the base and the coral with Shimmerz Spray in Baby's Breath. I also made the little banner (and it's my first time to use something like this on a project). I am really proud of this card.

Challenges used:
If the Shoe fits - down on the farm theme (I know I didn't use farm animals but wildflowers and butterflies can be found on farms too)
One Stop Craft - make your own DP (I made the shimmerz paper and the embossed/shimmery coral DP)
25 comments:
Very pretty card, love your handmade flower!
So pretty Cassie!!
Beautiful colors and those roses are fabulous.
STUNNING card! I love the way you layered the nesties and love the stamping onto a textured cardstock. Fab colours complimenting each other and excellent job on the boarder punch flower! Wooow all around ;-) Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Sentimental Sundays!
I love your flower too :) When you color as FAB as you do, I can see how you would forget about your stamps. Big Hugs!
How pretty! love that flower and the distressed edge! thanks for playing with the WMS challenge this week!
Hi Cassie, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my "dazzling" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
So pretty! I love that handmade flower!
Fabulous card, love the flowers and the colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee
Beautiful card, I love the effect of the stamping on the textured cardstock!
Such lovely colors, and what a beautiful flower as the perfect touch to finish your card off! Thanks so much for joining us for Sentimental Sundays! :)
Ohhh everything about this card is just lovely. I love the colours, stamp, flower and the frame!!
Thanks for joining us over at One stop crafts xx
very pretty cassie! i love the colors u used, and the beautiful rose! thanks for joining us at the Shoe this week!
Beautiful card and fabulous flower! You should be proud...it turned out great!
Grgeous card Cassie! beautifully put together, the wee flower accent is so pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!
Just stopped by to say hello- what a gorgeous card you have created that greeted me! This is gorgeous and I love the pretty flower! I imagine you have a summer break from school- hope you are relaxing!
Thanks for explaining how to make the cute 3D flower. I'm going to give it a try! BTW - pretty card!
Beautifulk card Cassie and the flower is gorgeous.
Thanks for playing along at OSCC this week.
Take care
Debs xx
Fabulous card, love the roses. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx
What a beautiful card! Love the colors and the layering.
Thanks so much for joining us over at Cupcake Craft this week.
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel
Beautiful card!! I love the textures and those flowers!!
What a pretty card. I love the flower.
What a gorgeous creation and I love your hand made flower! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.
I so love your framed stamped image and the flower you created is amazing.
Wow. Your flower turned out lovely! I am more comfortable with flat embellies, too, but sometimes it just feels good to do something a little different. It certainly worked here! And, I love seeing you use stamps for the art, I am so used to seeing you color. I love what you did here!
Post a Comment