Thursday, June 17, 2010

Father's Day cards DONE!

I got my father day's cards done (well, at least my hubby's and my daddy's). I had fun making them too. One is a CAS and the other I used my copics. Before I get to that though, I wanted to let ya'll know that I am doing much better. I had an infection/cold and am doing MUCH better now.

Now for my first (and the fav of the two) card. I used Tiddly Inks digi Robot Dad for it. This is also my first robot card and I am LOVING them. Many more will be making their way into my stash I am sure. To add to the metal feel of a robot I covered the image in some Crystal Effects. The sentiment and the nuts along the bottom came with the cute guy too.


Challenges used:
Beary Sweet Color Challenge - Navy, Turquoise, Lime
Etsy Inspired Challenge - be inspired from My Zotrope (here's what inspired me)
CPS - sketch
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Father's Day
Tiddly Inks Challenge - robots
Totally Gorjuss - for the boys
Cupcake Craft Challenges - one for the boys
Crafty Cardmakers - cards for men


Now this second one is a CAS card. The stamp comes from Verve. The argyle is embossed using a cuttlebug embossing folder. I lightly sponged white ink over the embossed image too.


Challenges used:
Everything but the Kitchen Sink - sketch
Cinema Saturday - use argyle
My Time to Craft - Xtra Special (special occation - daddy's day)
CRAFT - father's day/men cards
Creative Inspiration - one for the boys
Fab 'n' Funky - Just for dad
The play date cafe - color inspiration

Photobucket

38 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Great card hun! Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week. Hugs, Sxx

WickedPixie said...

What fabulous Father's Day cards! I love the robot one!! :-)Traci

Jane said...

I'm a huge fan of CAS cards & your robot card is perfect! Love it!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers XX

andrea said...

great cards,love the little details on them thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

de said...

Love both cards! That robot is amazing and I love the color inspiration you drew from the artwork you chose!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Cassie - what fabulous cards! Thye are both great - love the robot!! Well done with all of the sketches! Thanks for playing along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we would love to see you again next week!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a cool card ! Love the glaze on the robot, it looks fab ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh I just LoVe that robot! He certainly brings a smile. And your 'Dad' card is a truly masculine one, with such wonderful texture. Great to have you playing along at the play date cafe :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Both cards are wonderful. The clear embossed words over "dad" are a great touch. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Loopylou. said...

they are both just gorgeous cards hun xx

Unknown said...

2 great cards..

The robot one is amazing hun..love the glaze!!

Thanks for joining us at Tiddly inks xx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I really like that robot card--super job with the glossy accent! SO cute:) I also love the CAS card--I really need to get those stamps--LOVE that clear embossed look:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

CarlaKH said...

oh great cards...love the textures!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Father's Day cards! Love your little robot and the embossing on the second one is just stunning! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

Louise F NZ said...

Very cool cas robot card, the CE is a great touch.
Like the manly colours on the bottom card.

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love the robot card! I am thinking that would also be so perfect for a tween boy's birthday! So pretty! Enjoy your weekend!

CathyRose said...

Love them both! I really like the embossing with the ink on it! I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

NGCARDS said...

These are brilliant! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Well, isn't this just the cutest. :) I love the simplicity and the great effect on the robot. :)
I like both of them actually. :) That embossing argyle is cool.

peggysue said...

Okay both cards are great guy cards, but that little robot dude just made my day! Soooo cute! Thanks for participating in this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge!

Patricia Mae said...

Your little robot is so cute, Thank you for joining us in our challenge.
~Patricia
The Beary Scrap DT

Anonymous said...

Cassie, what a great collection of Father's Day cards. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges.I love every one.

Winter said...

Both cards are great! The first is too stinkin' cute and I love the CAS of the second one! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Suzanne C said...

Your robot is adorable and love the clean designs on your PDCC card! Thanks for joining us at PDCC this week.

Lissa said...

I love these, hun! The robot one is totally sweet... ;)

Thanks for playing with the Tiddly Inkers this week! I hope to see you again next week!

HUGS!

Lindsey said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining us at Fab n funky this week xxx

Larissa said...

Such a cute card! I love the simple design and your colouring is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Hugs,
Larissa

Ruby said...

Both cards are fab! Love your little robot image, he's SO cute!

Love your CAS card for our PDCC challenge too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Ann said...

Wowza, these rock! I love the embossing on your second card! Thanks for playing with us Kitchen Sink girls!

donna mikasa said...

great Father's Day cards! love your glossy robot!
congrats on your HM win at Tiddly Inks!

Jinny Newlin said...

Love these cards! That robot is too cute! Fantastic coloring! And I love the simplicity of the EBTKS card. Great job!

Jamie said...

Cassie, such a cute card! I love the robot and sentiment, your coloring is beautiful and the glaze makes just that extra zing! Thanks for joining us in our challenge!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Elise said...

Such a cute card with the perfect image! Thank you for joining us in the Beary Sweet Challenge!

Hugs,
Elise

Naomi said...

Nice cards! The Crystal Effects on the robot is the perfect touch. And I LOVE the use of the Argyle folder on the other card! Great Father's Day cards!

Courtney Baker said...

WOw love that dad card! Thanks for playing along with EBTKS!

Unknown said...

Cassie, that's really cute! Hope you are doing well. Thanks for joining us at the Beary Scrap - good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Jenn Embry said...

Fabulous cards! I love that robot. :)

Vixykins said...

Excellent cards, love the gloss on the robot!

Thank You for playing Crafty Cardmakers Mans card challenge (Sorry I'm so late coming round!)