Sunday, June 6, 2010

Surfer Girl

Can you beleive I'm back so soon with another card? It is Summer Break now, so I am going to have a little more time for my crafts. This one uses another Sassy Studio Designs image and I thought it was perfect for lots of the summer challenges out there. I discovered while coloring her that I need to work on my water/ocean coloring with copics. For her surfboard I colored it with copics and then went over it with some CE that I had poured some glitter in it (to give anything I coat with it a sutble bling). The sentiment was an after thought as I had wanted a flower to go there that matched the one on her surfboard but I didn't have a stamp like it.


Challenges used:
Etsy Inspired - I used these earrings as my color inspiration.
The Diedrich Dare - inspiration
Cardvarks - wet/dry embossing (I dry embossed the cardbase)
PaperTake Weekly - summer themed
Tuesday Taggers - texture (the dry emboss on the cardbase and the CE on the surfboard) The winner of this challenge will get something from Tanda Stamps.
Creative Inspiration - beach themed
Stamp Something - use a digi image
Stampin' for the Weekend - summer/travel theme
Oh, Alice - what's my muchness (I love to color with my copics)
Our Creative Corner - summer inspiration

Photobucket

17 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

See, summer means more time for you and less for me! :) We are all packed out and almost ready for the big move. **sigh**

At any rate, your cards are lovely! My favorite is the mermaid card! I love the layers of scallops and they are so shimmery!!

gale said...

Really cute card-love the colors.

Zoechaos said...

Real summer feel here, thank you for joining in with us at TT this week. Did you see we have a Tanda prize? could be worth adding a little link.

Jill said...

gorgeous card Cassie, what a great image perfect for summer thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and thanks for joining us at creative inspirations.

Sara said...

Super cute Cassie, love the colors!! So glad your back!

Steph Zerbe said...

ohhh, isn't that a fun card. Super cute image and great coloring. The dot background really works with this theme!

de said...

Love your color inspiration! Your card is adorable!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Tlbran said...

Cute card! I love that image!

PatR said...

Love your fabulous creation and thanks for joining us at TT this week.
xx

Terry said...

Hiya thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week with youre fabulous summery card. Love the colors and the image is cute...Hugs Terry xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

Love the very warm oolor you have used!!
Very fun summer card!! LOVE IT!!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge.
hugs, Janiel

Basement Stamper said...

Sassy little surfer girl- super cute! Great coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Oh, Alice!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and lovely. The image is so wonderful. Love your coloring.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
Dorte aka dot-scrap.blogspot.com

papertrails leaver said...

wow what a beautiful card! Loving the embossed cardstock. That is the perfect summer image you used!

Sammi said...

Great card! Looks nice and summery!!
Thanks for joining us at Oh Alice!!
Sammi
xxx

Di said...

WOW shes a sexy chick!!! fab card!
Thanks for joining SFTW!!
Hugs Di xxxx