
It's time for another Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Hop. This month's theme is Chrismtas. This was one of the first stamp sets I bought from WMS. It's called Seasons of Love and I've used it a few times recently. I also just got the heart nesties to help with the cutting them out. I really want the star dies but am having trouble finding them :( The Merry Christmas background paper and the brad in the heart are both from K & Co (I think) and it is what made me want to go with the more traditional colors: red, green, gold. The gold ribbon is from my stash. I created the strip with a stamp from the set that matches the pattern in the heart (how brilliant is that). I stamped it in the same green I used with the sentiment - Distress Ink's Pine Needles. The heart was stamped in Fired Brick (I think) and then I sponged the edge of it and the main background with a variety of the browns to give it a slightly vintage feel. I also kept it on the simple side to let the image and sentiment shine.

Challenges used:

Challenges used:2 sketches 4 you: sketch
Lexi's Creations: traditional Christmas colors
Simon Says Stamp and show: what ever makes you happy








24 comments:
Beautifully done! Love the shiny brad on top of the heart. Great Christmas card!
Love the card Cassie. The heart looks great.
A really beautiful card!
Very stylish and elegant - love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time for our Christmas colour challenge and good luck, love Jacky x
This is pure traditional Christmas elegance, and I looove it! The layout is awesome and I love the brad on the heart!!
Love the brad - makes the whole card realy rich! Great!
Lovely card. the bg paper is luscious and so perfect for that stamp set!
Lovely! The colors are fab and the sentiment and image just pop out!
Wonderful Holiday card :)
Love the card!!
that is just beautiful cassie! just love it! love all the reds too...so pretty! hugs!
Beautiful card! Love the gorgeous heart mixed with the shimmery gold ribbon! Thanks for waltzing along with the WM Waltz and for playing along with 2S4Y :)
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL card...the classic colors...the vintage feel...someone will be very blessed to recieve this!!
thanks bunches for playing along with this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge blog!!!!
Bueatiful card, I love the heart and the BG.
carole
http://www.lescartesdecarole.fr
Absolutely beautiful! I love that heart - makes me wonder why I keep debating whether to buy the set or not.
Your card is stunning...love the heart and little brad.
this is just beautiful. love the heart.
I love this one, Cassie! It is just gorgeous!
That's so pretty and I love the simplicity.
Nice! love the brad and the heart shape.
Oh, this is SO pretty! love the colors, that lovely brad and touches of gold!
oh my this is simply gorgeous! Love that stamp :)
Thanks for joining us at 2 Sketches 4 You this week
:) Kazan
Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing at LC
hugs Lexi xxx
Love this card - great colours and the brad on the heart is really pretty.
Post a Comment