PHOTO HEAVY
I getting fit this year. Well, at least my craft area is going to be getting into shape, lol. I am participating in Scrappily Ever After's 2011 Oraganizational Boot Camp. This will be going on for 6 weeks and today is Day 1. Every Monday I will post a picture of my craft area (or the part of the area I am to be working on) and on Friday I am to post the results of what I did from the challenge.
Here are the deets for today:
Today is all about objectives, so take 15-20 minutes (set a timer if your a person who gets really absorbed) and sit down somewhere comfortable and imagine what you want your craft area to look like at the end of boot camp. Think about what works for you and what doesn't work so well. Consider your problem areas and take time to note things that you love. Next, read back over that list and come up with a short list, maybe 3-5 objectives you have for your craft area. Don't forget to take a moment and snap a picture of your space, just the way it is, no cleaning up, and post your link on the main blog.
Where to start...Well for starters I would really like to get rid of the door that leads to the boys bathroom cause it rarely gets used and when I do go through there I have to walk to the other side to turn on the light. However, that isn't going to be happening any time soon. My biggest concern is organization for the space. In other words, I want a spot for everything and everything in its spot. I need to determine what I tend to use most every time and find a good way to keep them close at hand. My ribbons need a home that doesn't take up the space ti does now and my ink pads really need to be gone through and determined which I use and which I don't.
Today is all about objectives, so take 15-20 minutes (set a timer if your a person who gets really absorbed) and sit down somewhere comfortable and imagine what you want your craft area to look like at the end of boot camp. Think about what works for you and what doesn't work so well. Consider your problem areas and take time to note things that you love. Next, read back over that list and come up with a short list, maybe 3-5 objectives you have for your craft area. Don't forget to take a moment and snap a picture of your space, just the way it is, no cleaning up, and post your link on the main blog.
Where to start...Well for starters I would really like to get rid of the door that leads to the boys bathroom cause it rarely gets used and when I do go through there I have to walk to the other side to turn on the light. However, that isn't going to be happening any time soon. My biggest concern is organization for the space. In other words, I want a spot for everything and everything in its spot. I need to determine what I tend to use most every time and find a good way to keep them close at hand. My ribbons need a home that doesn't take up the space ti does now and my ink pads really need to be gone through and determined which I use and which I don't.
This just needs to be re-worked some how.
This is the table behind my computer table and workspace. It is suppose to be a workspace but as you can see it is FAR from it. I need to reclaim it.
I would like a small bookcase to go here that will house my stamps, ink pads, and printer better.
I want to be able to craft without leaving a trail behind me or having to keep my supplies on the floor while I work. The photo above are part of the supplies for a project I am currently working on.
I what my notes, inspirations, and other mis. papers and what-nots to have a place (even if that means their place is no longer in the craft room). I want this table to work on; not just for paper collecting.
This may be the neatest part in the room but there really isn't much sense to it. The bottom shelf is for my boys and their craft supplies,
Right now the above bookcase is the home to my tv and dvd as well as a few pieces of fabric and a box of pictures. Need to decide what else to store here.
The walk-in close that is home to my alterables, boxes, cardstock, and not sure what else. This needs to be revamped. I really need to decide what to store in here and how.
The file cabinet that is in the closet that only the first two drawers are being used. I need to use this more effeciently or get something else I thik.That's it. That's my craft room. What you might not have seen is the little kids craft table that is in front of the closet and at the end of the long table against the wall that currently has piles of mis paper, ribbon, ink pads, sewing machine, cuttlebug, etc covering it. The table needs to stay as my boys do love it and use it but I need to find a better spot for it.









5 comments:
I see potential! LOL Good luck in boot camp! I look forward to seeing your progress!
It looks like you have a great space to use, can't wait to see what you do with it
Cassie, wow, you have a nice room for your crafting. Looks like you have a good start.Thanks for sharing.
I'm jealous of all the room & the closet space you have! I could do some serious damage in a space like this :)
Oh my you have a wonderful space! I see great things for your room. Good Luck!
Post a Comment