Monday, January 31, 2011

Space CAS

My card for WMS's CAS challenge. I CASed Anya's sweet little scene card she created here. I've been wanting to use this sweet little rocket and one of my favorite sayings from Waltzing Mouse's Half Pint Heroes. I created the scene by die cutting the largest die and then sponging on Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans to create the sky. I faded the ink into one corner to give the effect of a moon being there. Next, I stamped the stars from the stamp set and painted them in with some liquid pearl's pearl for some shine. The rocket is stamped three times, colored them with my copics, and then layered it to give it depth. Once the layers were in place I coated it with some Glossy Accent. This card will be going to my oldest DS for Valentine's Day as this saying is something we say to each other almost every day.




Challenges used:
WMS CAS challenge
Paper Play Challenges - layers
Simon Says Stamp and Show - show some love (this is my Valentine for my oldest DS)
Pile it on - punch it (I punched out the frame around the image/scene
Cards for men - Valentine/love

Photobucket

10 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Aww!! Such a cute image!! I like the coloring too :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Bumblebee said...

this is a lovely card, and I'm waiting for a rocket stamp like that to arrive!! Ideas are going though my head now! Lovely CASE!

Deborah Frings said...

I absolutely adore this card - I think these are some of my favourite stamps by Claire - and your DS will love this card!

Deirdre said...

Cassie,
Adore the image and love how you added the shine.

Stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Layer it Up Challenge. ♥

Inkyfingers said...

Oooh this is a great card and I love the shine on the rocket. The fading to hint at the moon is a fab idea.

jengd said...

Gads that's cute! Maybe I missed it but what brand is that rocket? I may have to get one!

jengd said...

Nevermind. I thought the WM was just the saying then I reread and saw it was the whole set. Duh. :)

Anonymous said...

very cute. Love the little boy in the rocket. Super cute.

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful card, Cassie. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with challenge.

Donna x

Kim Costello said...

Wonderful card Cassie I love the finish on the rocket!!!
The Design Team and I are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!
HuGs Kim :)