For the first card I used WMS's 100th sketch challenge. I don't get to play near as often as I would like as their sketches are always great, but I couldn't pass up a big milestone of their's. The pattern paper is from Basic Grey's lime rickey. To atchieve the water I sponged Distress Ink onto white c/s using Evergreen Bough (this reminds me that I still need to get the newest colors), Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire. Of couse after I sponged it to the color I wanted I just had to do the water fleck technique for the "bubbles". I then stamped lots of times the cutest little fish from the HPH set and then colored them in with my copics. I colored the life preserver with my copics too and then I just split the sentiment from the same stamp set.
Of course I have lots of the little fish left over so I decided I needed to do another card. I used the same colors to achieve my color for the water and the flicking too. I decided this one would be cute as one of those dare to be different kinds of card. Love how I turned the same little fish around Since I don't have any sentiments that work with that I improvised and pieced together my sentiment using two different sentiments. The "be" came from "berry" in PTI's Fruit Fusion: Berry stamp set and "you" is from "love you" found in the HPH stamp set from WMS. I wish it was more centered but the whole sentiment idea came as an after thought. The sketch is from OWH and I thought both cards would also fit in with Cupcake Inspiration and Stamptacular challenges.









19 comments:
Awesome cards Cassie, definitely nailed the theme!!
Thanks so much for leaving some love on my blog for Gallery Idol!!
These are fab cards! Love that half pint heroes set!
Cassie, I love these! The bubbles in the water are just darling and I love the "be you" sentiment. So cute and clever! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!
This is so CUTE Cassie!!! I LOVE that stamp set from WM!!!
Have a GREAT day!
Super cute cards!
Omgosh...how adorable are these! Love how cute you made these!
Fantabulous! TFS!!!
Oh this is so SWEET, Cassie! What a great encouragement card for your boys! The coloring is fantastic, and I love the scallopy border for the waves. Happy 100th sketch! So glad that you could play along this week!
These are both fabulous!!
LOVE that water...
it looks incredible!
The papers are perfect...
and just so much FUN!! :)
So glad you got a chance to play with us during the celebration! :)
Such a fun sweet card. Great job with the Half Pint Heroes!
love all the little fish, very cute...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations
Tina
sweetie dt
Cassie - you always rock this set! Love the fun scene you created and all the fab details. The coloring is perfect and gosh... it just makes me happy!
Two Gorgeous cards, Cassie!! I just LOVE how you used the Half-Pint Heroes set. Your first card is Fantastic!! So many lovely details and I love the underwater scene you created. Awesome work!!
Super great card Love it!! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.
Cassie, these are both fantastic! What detail you've included, the way you created the look of water is just fab. I think your second card with the 'left over' fish is just perfect! So glad you could join us for this week's special WMSC!!
Love using that water flicking technique too. Gives you card a unique finish.
Eeeeep!!!! Cassie this is sooooooooo adorable!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!! Thanks for playing with us on our 100th sketch!
Such a cute yellow submarine. Thanks for joining us at the 100th challenge of Waltzing mouse..
Aaaw those are so cute, love the submarine :)
Post a Comment