Let's start with the sun base. I used the rays from Practicing Creativity's You're Dandy set to create the day background. First I sponged the whole c/s in Mustard Seed ink, then I sponged the sun and big rays in Spice Marmalade (although Wild Honey would look nice I am sure), next I went over the whole thing in the MS ink and the edges in SP. Rounded the bottom corners too. For my night time strip I sponged on Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire and round the edges. Then I used two stars (one from Half Pint Heroes and the teeny tiny one from Day or Night TSG set to heat emboss in white. Just like how I am limited on charms I am limited on ribbon. I also could find the one roll of white ribbon I do have so I used my white string again. To continue the theme I cut out the frame I stamped (a WMS frame) and layered that on top of my stamped Day or Night scene. I sponged the c/s the with the same colors I've been using on the card only now my sun and moon didn't stand out. What's a girl to do? Cut them out of course. The wee little star was just a little too small for me to cut so I tried just coloring it in with some copics - not quite the look I was going for but it worked. Looking at it now I feel that the bottom of the night panel needs a little something. Oh if only I have the star border die from PTI. Oh well, lol.
My postings may be sparse for a few weeks as I am trying to make some presents/gift sets for my brother and his fiance since the are getting married next month :)








2 comments:
Another fabulous card. I adore that little charm hanging from the string, and the sunshine rays in the background are great.
Very pretty card. I especially like how you did the sun ray background.
Post a Comment