and so I thought I would think of cooler weather and create a Christmas Card. I used the WMS Christmas Cards challenge from the froum and their WMS sketch challenge to create my rustic holiday card. I took my white gel pen and create the faux stitching on the cream panel and then distress the edges (didn't want the look of the scallops with this design). I stamped the holly leaves from WMS's Festive Foliage on the rustic cream c/s with Antique Linen and Old Paper distress ink. The sentiment in from WMS's Complements of the Seasons that I stamped onto a strip of cream paper that I then sponged with Antique Linen, Old Paper, Vintage Photo, and Pine Needles after I made it a banner. I then stamped the holly leaves and berries onto scrap cream paper using Peeled Paint/Pine Needles and Festive Berries/Fired Brick. I put them each on some foam dots to raise them since I curved the banner to give it some depth. The kraft base was stamped in Walnut Stain ink with a woodgrain image from Hero Arts and then stonged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain (I also did that with the cream piece).









6 comments:
Absolutely gorgeous - I love the woodgrain finish on the background and the sweet holly leaves and berries!
Love the subtle tones in this one, fabby way to use the sketch, great stamping too! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!
Love the holly on this Cassie - layered and stamped - and the woodgrain background is perfect!
What a gorgeous card! Perfect use of the sketch! So glad you could play! :)
Lovely Xmas card! Love the background and faux stitching is perfect!
Cassie, This is just brilliant. Love the wood grain with the holly - everything goes together beautifully!
Post a Comment