Friday, June 29, 2012

The sun is peeking through



I had just created a card for the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge and was still inspired by my color scheme so I decided to create a second one. I also wanted to see if I could use this for the Moxie Fab Stamp It! Hello card challenge. To see the first one just scroll down to the post before this one. I used a couple of PTI stamps to create this card: Up, Up, & Away (clouds and dies to cut them out), Hello Sunshine (the rays and sentiments). I also used a Hero Arts polka dot background stamp and a banner from a WMS set. I used the sketch from the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge as is this time. I wanted my sentiment to pop so I used shades of greys on everything but the sentiment panel. Vellum stamped with the smaller clouds created the wide strip. The clouds where stamped in white after I die-cutted them to soften the lighter grey some and then embossed with PTI's linen plate. I created my rays by alternating between Scattered Straw and Mustered Seed. Again, I like how the rays look like they are coming out from behind the clouds as it gives me a feeling of hope after a storm. The sentiment was stamped with Wild Honey. I then sponged the sentiment card stock with mustered seend and wild honey to soften it as well as rounded the corners.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Cassie! Thanks for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge in Stamp It! Cards Week for the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)