Sunday, June 10, 2012

Market Street Block Party



I am joining in on my first Market Street Block Party. I don't have any of their stamps yet but have many on my wish list, lol. However, they are providing a FREE digi for those withough once you join their Neighborhood. I had so much fun putting this little card together.

This was my inspiration for my card.




Once I saw it was off and stamping. I scaled and printed the image three times (with one being on some red pattern paper). On the red paper I sponged Festive Berries and Barn Door to get the color to what I liked, on one of the white images I used my scored board and scored the stripes. I then took my copics and gave the white some shading to give it more depth. The third one was where I colored the silver/grey parts and then I masked the parts that I didn't what stamped/sponged and created the scene. The grass is from a PTI's Peaceful Garden that I stamped in two different greens and then on some scrap paper that I then punched out with my grass puncher. The camper was then pieced together with the punched grass layered on top. I then gave the grey parts a coat of Glossy Accent to some added texture and depth. The rays were created on another sheet using Mustered Seed and Wild Honey. The whole thing was put on a white c/s base with the sentiment pieced together from PTI's Think Big Fav #15 & Flipping Out. To achor everything a bit more I added stitch lines using a black copic multiliner and rounded the bottom corner with my corner chomper.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Hi Cassie, I came through from MSS Block Party! I adore the card that you made! The background is perfect for this camper design. Lovely paper-piecing and fantastic attention to details! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Denise said...

So, SO cute!! I love the ground and sky you created! Fabulous! The lightbulb should be in your box SOON... did you know we live pretty close? Woot!

Brenda said...

Oh my!! How adorable!! I love everything about it. Great colors! Thanks for playing along with us at MSS!

Emily Keaton said...

This is absolutely adorable! Great coloring job on your sweet camper. I love the design for your card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

WOW!!! This is awesome! I love the real look of the grass and what you did with that camper, awesome!!!
lisa

Samantha Casey said...

Okay this is like the cutest little scene i have seen! I LOVE this card.. it is perfect in every way. You did a wonderful job!
-Sam

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious, Cassie! This is absolutely darling and such a perfect take on your inspiration pic! LOVE all the textures and your scene is so well executed! Thanks for joining the MSS Block Party!

Angelica Suarez said...

Oh my goodness!!! Cassie, this is fantastic, I am so glad you were able to play along this month! It is absolutely perfect! So happy to have you play along with us this month at the MSS Block Party!

Joyce said...

Super bright and fun card. I love it.

Stephanie Washburn said...

Oh my goodness, Cassie! Those scored stripes are cool! And this scene is just GORGEOUS! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining our party this month! :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is such a fun card, Cassie!

Loki Made It said...

Hello there. i think you blog is great! i am moxie fab worlding it over to your from their site hugs tara xx
www.osirisandloki.blogspot.com