Friday, June 29, 2012

Just BEEcause


I decided to play along with There She Goes stamp Sketch Challenge this week. I used the cute little Bee Happy set for the card. For the honeycomb background I used one of the honeycomb shaped flowers from the set. First I took some white c/s cut to size and sponged Wild Honey all over it. For a very subtle texture effect I flicked water on it before I stamped the image. Once everything was sponged, flicked, and dried, I used the same ink and just repeated the image until the paper was covered. Lining it up was easy although I did mess up a few times b/c I wasn't really focusing on it (had a DH, dog, and two wee boys trying to get my attention while I was doing this, lol). For the image I sponged different blue inks and then stamped my little scene with sentiment. I stamped the bees a second time on plan white c/s and colored them with my copics. They were then cut out and popped up on the now blue strip. After I pieced everything together I thought my little string bow looked rather sad and I stamped the smallest bee on to some vellum and heat embossed it with black before I colored it with copics. Once I cut it out I simplely used some glossy accent to glue it to the center of the bow. I also went back and faux stitched on the green paper.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Cassie this is just too cute, love those bees!