Wednesday, June 6, 2012

You're So Cool

It has been a long while since I last joined in on a Mojo Monday sketch challenge. The mojo has come back for the moment and I have taken advantage of it too. I pulled out my Verve Happy Days. The pattern paper I used was from my stash (love it but don't remember the brand). The sentiment/frame was created by white embossing it onto white c/s and then I sponged Broken China and Faded Jeans DI to it. To tie in the orange of the main background I stamped the flowers onto white c/s and then colored with my copics (Y17, YR01, YR04, YR07, G99, YG17, YG67). To tie the white of the focal sentiment/frame to the rest of the card I used a border punch that was more wave-y on white c/s and then found some white thread to wrap around the top place. I really liked how it made me think of swim trunks so I opted to leave of the embellishment & bow that was to go with it. My favorite part might have been the use of some old paper b/c I have quite the supply of it. Guess I should start scrapping again too. I hear that might help my paper problem, lol.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love the white mats and beautiful color. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!