Friday, January 4, 2013

Chalkboard take 2

As promised, here is the second take on the PTI Make-it-Monday chalkboard challenge. During my trials of the larger chalkboard look as stamped a few times on scrap black paper. As I was cleaning up I discovered a strip that I thought would be big enough on a card front without taking up the whole thing. I really like how the flowers from PTI's Sweet Life turned out with this technique since it is a multi-stamp layer set (the flowers have a total of three layers that can be used to create a beautiful flower, I just used two of them here). With the flowers and sentiment I didn't feel the need for flourishes. I did doodle very lightly some rough looking leaves as I wanted them to appear that the artist didn't really like them and tried to erase them. I also added the wood feel using PTI's woodgrain embossing plate. I lightly inked the raised part with kraft ink to help add to the depth of the grain.



Photobucket

9 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Cassie, just have to say, this is fabulous! From the wood background, to the roses, to the 'erased' leaves, WOW! Big fan, here. Seriously, you took this technique to the highest level. (Can you tell I love this card?) again, WOW!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the roses! The layers really work with this technique!

Tammy said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!! I love the flowers in black and white, I would of never thought to try those for the chalk technique. TFS

Danni said...

Beautiful!! You've nailed this technique!

Birgit said...

Very, VERY, VERY VERY cool card! Just lovin` it!

Unknown said...

Really beautiful card!
The wood grain really adds to the card.

Jann Gray said...

WOW! Love this card! Would you mind sharing how you got the two tones on the flowers? I really love how they turned out - and think the faint doodling is just the icing on the cake!

Geri said...

I saw your previous project, Cassie...looks like you WERE ahead of your time;)!! Love both of your MIM projects! The roses do work well for this, I agree. This second card with the woodgrain is so very nice...just really beautiful!! I appreciate your sweet visit to my blog!

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's stunning - great job on that technique :) x