Saturday, January 26, 2013

Clean Chalkboard

Another quick post as I actually got the energy to craft today. This card was inspired by Kristina's card found here. I loved the embossed dots framing the image and sentiment. Claire from WMS is hosting a chalkboard challenge using WMS stamps and I thought I would combine the style of Kristina's card with the chalkboard technique. Not the best but I like it. I tried to add little "chalk" drawn snowflakes/stars. I don't think they showed up too well in the picture but IRL it is a soft pretty effect. I did color the flame with copics and added a itty bitty bling to emphasize the sentiment.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is so pretty - love the dotty borders and the touch of colour on the flame!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Cassie. Against the black and white, your candle flame really "shines"!

Vickie Z said...

Love the lantern and sentiment!! The Swiss dot embossing sets it off perfectly!

Kelly S. said...

Gosh, I can't even believe all of the different images people chose...and Cassie, your chose of the lantern is fantastic with this technique! Love that you kept it simple so your eye goes right to it...shining in the night! Soooo awesome!

Unknown said...

Cassie this is so striking, I love it!! You used the same technique but made your card so unique - fabulous!! thank you so much for playing along with me!! hugs!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Gorgeous! The chalk details are soft and really well done. I love the little coloring on the flame!

Tracy said...

I love the chalkboard look! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Make sure to stop buy and enter the stamp set giveaway I have going on now : )

Tracy
www.owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

Jean Martin said...

Wonderful card Cassie! I have to pull out this stamp set and make something with it now! :)

jan farnworth said...

love the pretty purple butterfly.