I embossed the base with PTI's hexagon plate because well, bees go with hexagons right. I created the sky scene with some cute little clouds using TSG Day and Night set. After stamping them I coated them with glossy accent so they could dry and then sponged light blue distress ink over it to create the sky color. LOVED doing this and so see me doing it again (in fact, this is the second card I did this with). The bees are Paper Smooches. I took their free digi bee and printed it twice, once a little smaller and flipped to be the girl bee. Before cutting them out I colored them with copics and coated the eyes and wings with more glossy accent. To create the frame I simply created a computer generated sentiment to play on the bees and cut it out. The sky was glued behind it with the heart and bees popped up with some dots. The whole frame was popped up as well to allow for some sweet little handmade banners to peek out from the side. I stamped the hexagon image on the blue banner in a medium blue and then sponged a lighter shade over it for a two-tone effect. The golden banner was simply created by sponged a yellow and orange ink over white cardstock and then taking a white gel pen and adding the lines.
This one might just be my favorite one. After having gone through one publication call I only wish I could get some creative feedback about how I submitted my works. You know, where could I improve: is it in my photographing skills, my write-ups, or even my artistic skills. Since I don't think they do that because they get so many works I will just continue doing my best and having fun. That's the important part anyways!








12 comments:
I think it would be awesome to get creative feedback but with all the hundreds of submissions it's understandable that they just simply can't. You made a super cute card.
Your card is adorable! I love those bees!
Love that honeycomb background and your sweet little flags, nice job!
This is so cute! I love the bright colors and the embossing, very fun!
Eeeek! I love this!! You have to keep trying to submit because I'm sure it will happen. Thanks for entering this cutie into The Contenders hop. Oh, btw, I need to get a honeycomb embossing folder after seeing this card!
Oh my goodness this is SUCH a cute card! I just love it.
This is really, really adorable!
Love it! So cute! Fabulous colours and images.
This is absolutely ADORABLE!!! LOVE it love it love it!!!
housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com
You put into a lot of details and thoughts into this darling card, Cassie! I love your creativity and thought process! Thanks for sharing!
Eek is right! This card is adorable! Your attention to the details is fantastic--everything about this card "works!" Please keep at the submitting...your cards are great! If sometime doesn't get picked up and you love it, hold onto it (don't blog it), and resubmit it. :)
P.S. I'm a new follower.
Post a Comment