I love butterflies and many of my cards can be seen with at least one on it (sometimes they are hidden). I have played along many times with Flutterby Wednesday's challenge blog and am honored to have been asked to play along as a member. For this week's challenge we are challenge you to play "in the new". This may be interpreted as using something new to you or even to use the theme "new" (i.e. new home, new baby, new marriage, etc). I went with the using something new for this week. Right before my little blog/craft break I ordered a butterfly set called Beautiful Butterflies by PTI. Once I got it I wasn't able to play with it until now. The leaves I used to create my pattern paper came from PTI's The Sweet Life while the leaves in the scenes came from Flutterby Friend and the sentiment from a damask set. For the black strip that I used to back the dyed green ribbon I used a new to me technique that I learned from Jennifer McGuire: color your glitter. I applied regular glitter to a sticky covered black strip of c/s but didn't like how it muted the black so with my trusty black copic and pounced the tip over the glitter until it was all colored a nice dark black. The tip of my copic is fine too. I also applied the glitter to the white card base after I had sponged the edges with black soot distress ink. I used a strip of vellum cut into a banner for the sentiment so that the ribbon could still be seen.









8 comments:
Such a lovely card! What great ideas to color the glitter and use vellum for the words. Welcome to the team, Cassie! :)
Such a pretty card, Cassie! I always love sparkle:) Welcome to the Flutter By Wednesday team!
Gorgeous! Love the touches of beautiful glitter and this color scheme is lovely. Welcome to the Flutterby Wednesdays team.
stunning card cassie and welcome to the flutterby team can not wait to see what else you have to share. Hope your having a wonderful start to 2013.
Such a pretty card!! We're so happy you're fluttering with us!
Your card is so beautiful - I love the PTI butterfly images!! Welcome to the FBW team!!
This is just gorgeous Cassie, love the sparkle and colours..so glad to have you with us at FBW
Luv CHRISSYxx
So many wonderful details in this gorgeous card! Happy to have you with us at FBW, welcome!
:Dxx
Post a Comment