Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hello Flutterby


Time for another Flutterby challenge. This week is an open week, but make sure to include a butterfly or fairy. I kept my card rather CAS again (I'm really digging this style). The white raised base was embossed with PTI's Linen plate to give it a subtle texture. I then stamped the sentiment in the lower corner. I die cutted the butterfly out on white and then stamped it. To give it some depth I curled the wings and then used dots to make sure they stayed raised. The butterfly and sentiment is from PTI's Pretty Peonies 2012 annv. set. I simply drew the trail with a black multi-liner and then decided the card need a little something extra so I tried my hand at the scattered bling look. I like it but think I still need to perfect this as it seems to be an art form. Be sure to join in the fun over at the Flutterby challenge blog.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Kathy said...

This is so pretty. Love the scattered bling, really makes it look special! Think you've already perfected the technique!

Denice said...

Clean and simple works really well with this card. Love the hand drawn tail, very fluttery!
:Dxx

Chrissy said...

Beautifully elegant Cassie..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

SugarGem said...

Oh my gorgeous. That embossing is awesome.

Taheerah said...

Love this Cassie - your scattering of rhinestones is just perfect!!