Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fluttering By with an Open Challenge

I just learned a very valuable (and should have been a duh) lesson: water and completed cards do not mix. I just completed four chards for a publication call (my first one) and spilled water all over the table they were sitting on. Hoping I can salvage them since I won't be able to recreate them in time. If nothing else I learned to keep my water off my work table and completed cards away from both water and work table.

Enough about my mistakes. It is time for another Flutter By challenge. This week we are sponsored by Buggaboo Digi Stamps and it is an open challenge (just make sure you have a butterfly/fairy on it). There are some super cute digis in the store too. For my card I used a Clean & Simple sketch (one of my favs too). The butterflies were stamped from PTI's Beautiful Butterflies as well as the sentiment. To work with the sentiment I created a rainbow effect with the butterflies. I didn't want my sentiment to be the only black thing so I backed the white layer with a thin black layer. Love this effect. Hope you are able to flutter with us this week.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Kathy said...

So pretty Casssie! Love the black layer, really makes the butterflies pop.

jan farnworth said...

love this card so sweet and pretty.

Chrissy said...

Very pretty card Cassie..I learnt the hard way too having drinks in my work space..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Danni said...

I sure hope your cards were able to be saved. Big hugs as I know that had to be so heartbreaking to see them get wet!
Love this pretty, pretty card!

Jenée said...

FAB card with the multi-colored butterflies. Very creative and pretty!

Lynette said...

Your card is awesome!! I really do love black matting. Welcome to the FBW team! Bummer about your cards - I hope you were able to salvage them.

Denice said...

Rainbow butterflies....doesn't get much better than that!
Such a wonderful sentiment...I'm going to have to look for it!
A wonderfully CAS creation.
:Dxx