Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dorothy + Tin-Man = Love

Still working on the set of cards for my brother and his soon-to-be-wife. Yeah, they are to be gifted tomorrow night. Nothing like the last minute right, lol. I still have 6 cards to complete. Anyways, I thought today would be a could time to take a short break and show you a couple that I have created for their set. The theme is Wizard of Oz and it is Amber's favorite movie/musical too. I used that as my inspiration for these cards. It was also my first try at creating faux tin/metal using foil tape. I have LOTS of fun with this technique as I ended up creating 4 cards with it. I used WMS's sketch and Moxie Fab's Stamp It 'Love' challenge to help me with these.

On this first card I created the sentiment using WMS's Say It Loud.


The second card uses a sentiment from Seasons of Love. I also was really getting into the theme on this card. I created a little tin heart for the tin man and the large heart is coated in glittered glossy accent to represent Dorothy's ruby slippers. I am having so much fun with these card and can't wait till I can show more :)

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kelly S. said...

EEEK, like the TIN MAN! How cool is THAT?! So creative, Cassie! That's a perfect sentiment to go along with it, too! Love how you incorporated this week's WM sketch!

Renee said...

How fun!!
A Wizard of Oz theme...
I'm really loving the 2nd one with that big glittery heart!!
And what a fun technique...
perfect for this theme! :)
So glad you could join us this week at WMSC!!:)

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Cassie - your metal background is awesome - I'd love to see how you did it! Great take on the sketch with so many fab details like that little heart!

Vickie Z said...

Your new sister-in-law will love these! I especially love the seond one with tin heart and glittery heart with the silver foil tin bg!

Lenet said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at WMSC!

Leigh Penner said...

I love how you've executed this theme for your cards, Cassie! Fabulous!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are great designs! I really love your tin backgrounds, fantastic.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Cassie! Thanks for linking this up to the Love Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)