Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Stretch Your Stamps: Day 2


Day Two's class was all about those collage stamps. One thing I decided today that I was going to really try to complete at least two cards for each day's lesson. This way I can really practice how to stretch my stamps. Yesterday's was rather easy compared to today's lesson. I found using my one and only collage stamp (from Tim Holtz's Santa's Wish) still rather hard. I love what the samples looked like but I just couldn't pull it off. I did manage to get my two cards done though.



Card on the left was my version of the four corners that Ms. Amber did for us at class. I stamped and watercolored the image for a softer look and then cut it into pieces. I sponged the edges with a dark brown to give it depth once it was pieced back together. The base was embossed with a stripe impression plate after I stamped with the sentiment. I also sponged the edges with shades of brown.



Card on the right was me trying to combine several examples into one. I embossed the image in black and then sponged the colors on. I tried to keep the face a lighter color to give it a look of lighting shining on him. I tore the top and used walnut stain to darken all of the edges and age it some. For the sentiment I sponged the back of some vellum with a lighter shade of brown and then embossed a sentiment from another WMS set in white and wraped it around the collage image.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Vikki H said...

Good for you - you have a head start on Christmas plus 2 different looks to your cards. The second card is gorgeous!

Claire said...

I think these are lovely, particularly the card on the right. I am with you completely - collage cards are a problem for me too! This class is helping heaps.