Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stretch Your Stamps: Day 3


Day 3 of Stretch Your Stamps is all about the ABC's. Amazingly enough I currently own only three alphabet sets and two of them I don't even know the name for, lol. I also incorperated my Grid background stamp from day one on one of the cards. Today's lesson really helped me to open my eyes to the use of alphabet stamps and maybe use them for more than words (and when I do use them for words to try different techniques with them). I seem to prefer one over the other of my cards so far and for today's class it is my robot card.


Left Card: The first thing I thought of after watching the videos and looking at the samples was IM-ing symbols and then that got me to thinking about how I would doodle a little face on notes when I saw "oo" in the words. IM-ing makes me think of technology and so I found this cute little robot boy from Tiddly Inks digi stamps in my stash and decided I would use it. After printing and coloring the little guy I stamped "UR" in the same light grey I knew I was going to use on the background pieces and the word "cool" in black. Then I took the explination mark and inked up only the dot and then created my eyes. Of course two eyes need a smile so I then used one of the parenthesis to create the mouth. The grid pattern looked too much to me as a background so I decided that I would stamp opposite corners in that and then the other two would be a collage of sorts that I created myself. I my little bitty alpha set and created the "lol", "rofl" and the two different smile-y faces commonly found in IM-ing lingo. I sponged all of the white c/s edges with Iced Spruce DI. The fimage was backed on Silver c/s as well as the stripe in the middle. Since I used a white c/s as the base I took a silver marker to create the base border. The sketch is from the Mojo Monday challenge.



Right Card: I am not ubber happy with this card. I think it is kinda empty underneath the sentiment even though there is yellow thread. Kinda think I should have done a sun or at least sun rays. Oh well, maybe next time. I do however live the rainbow background. I combined two different looks from today's samples. One use the letter "V" to create a background pattern and another one stamped a pattern in a rainbow with DIs and then watercolored over it to allow the colors to bleed. My letter is from Lawn Fawn's Quinn alpha set and the clouds and sentiment is from PTI. The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Jessie said...

What great ways to use your Alpha stamps! I love the robot card!! Neat ideas!

Regina Easter said...

awe love your cards and love the quote...hugs

Dawn said...

So adorable Cassie! Love the rainbow background. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Laura said...

What a clever way to make your own background paper - it turned out great!! Thanks so much for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches! I hope to see you join us again!

Debbie said...

What a great rainbow background!! Awesome way to use your 'v'!! I love the quote, too!!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Great use of the technique we learned today. simply beautiful. Hugs

Angel said...

both cards are so cute, thanks for sharing.

Jessi Fogan said...

OK, totally loving that robot! What a cutie :) And I am in love with rainbows - I cannot get enough of them, and the idea of making a background from Vs? Awesome! Thanks so much for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches with us :)

Theresa said...

I'm lovin' those clouds on your card. What a great sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Angela said...

Cute; love how you have incorporated the twine with the clouds! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

LOVE those clouds! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Cassie, thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches last week..we have a new challenge up and would love to see you again!