The lesson for day 9 was all about lined stamps. Surprisingly I don't have many of these types of stamps (thought I did but I guess they are all digi images). I hadn't really played much with WMS's Half Pint Heroines so I decided to use it for this lesson.
Left card: Kept this one simple and used the technique that had the color strips and no coloring (something I have never done before). I took the hotair balloon from the stamp set and flipped it over to stamp only the balloon (and embossed it in white). Then I took the flower from my go-to flower set and embossed that. I hand drew the steam (and so don't like how that turned out but oh well). I stamped the sentiment onto a banner. I liked how quickly this card came together but I think I need to work on the finishing touches on these types of cards.
Right card: I just had to play with the cute little elephant in this set so I thought he would be cute paper pieced instead of colored. Except for the cutting out the elephant three times this was another rather fast card. Guess I got into a banner mood as I added one to this card too.










No comments:
Post a Comment