I have been seeing this poster when ever I walk by Pier One and have been wanting to create a card based on it. I finally got the chance and now I can't find a photo that has my inspiration. The best I've got is the above butterfly from their online site. The posters I've seen have stripes of white too. I thought this is a perfect summer time inspiration since it is their summer ads and the bright bold colors are perfect for the season.
The card was easy enough as I just played with two rays I have in different widths. The sentiment and star is from PTI's Star Prints. Love how I can play on the senitment with the star and can become a focal point. Colors are all from the Distress Ink line by Ranger. Thought this would fit three different challenges: A Passion for Papertry Ink (summertime), Simon Says Stamp & Show (sentiments), and Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Anything goes).









8 comments:
Awesome card. Love the rainbow color of rays.
Great focal point with the star & banner.
Don't you love it when something in your environment inspires you?
Fantastic design, Cassie, and great summery bright colors! So glad you played along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!
Lovely bright card! Really eye catching and I love where you got your inspiration from.
This is fabulous, Cassie!
This card is absolutely stunning! x
What a fun card! So colorful and loving the Pinterest inspiration too.
Fabulous fun card, love the summery vibrant colours, perfect for the rays. The ka so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x
Love the colorful and bright Card!
Post a Comment