I am slowly getting caught up on my SYS classes. Today was the last lesson so I am hoping I can get the last few cards done this weekend. Lesson 8 was all about labels. I love labels and use them to frame sentiments to images but I rarely see them as anything more than labels. After watching the videos today and seeing the samples I started to look at the labels a little differently. I used the same stamp set that was used for the lesson: Indadinkado's Maison Frames. Also, since I know some birthdays coming up I decided to play along with CASology's Happy challenge and Moxie Fab's Stamp it: Happy Birthday challenge.
Left card: I stayed fairly literal with this card and also very CAS. The only layer of the card is the white one that everything is stamped on just so I could get the thread through. I first stamped the label in brown and then masked it off in order to stamp my pink flower. The sentiment is also in brown. I then went back with a blender pen to lightly color in the flower for depth. To make it look like the thread is under the label I put a small slit on either side and then threaded it through.
Right Card: I was really inspired by Kristina Werner's cupcake card. My problem was that I don't own a big cupcake like hers. Then I started looking at the Maison Frame stamps and saw a cupcake frosting. The idea of turning one of the stamps into a cupcake would get out of my head so I set about to create it. I just knew I could find an image in my stamp collection that would make a perfect cupcake bottom but no such luck. Then I decided to try something that I don't like to do often: draw. So I drew the bottom half of the cupcake just so I could use that one stamp for the frosting. To soften all of the edges I did the blender pen coloring thing (boy does that take some practice). I really like how it turned out. To have my cupcake be the focal point I embossed a layer of white c/s with the sunbeams IP from PTI and then created a pink birthday banner to tuck right behind the image. Since this card was inspired by Kristina I decided to take it all the way and add white stitch lines to the banner.










4 comments:
I love the ultra CAS-ness of your flower card - simple but still gets a very clear message across. I also love the sun rays of the 2nd card - and cupcakes make me very, very happy! I'm so happy you played along with CASology this week!
Two great cards and all the better for being pink too :) Viv xx
Both of your card are so so cute. I love the cupcake, Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!
Hey Cassie! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
Post a Comment