For the card on the left I used my new WMS stamp My Island that a super sweet secret stamp sister gifted me with. I wanted this set the moment I saw the sneak for it and the DT projects just made my little heart flutter for it, so I was bummed when some money issues came up unexpectedly and I wasn't able to place an order. I feel so blessed that someone thought of me and got me this set. It came today and was a total suprise and I thought I would make her a card to let her know that she did indeed bring me some sunshine today. For my Grid Pattern I knew I wanted to try the ombre look that I have been seeing so much of. However I don't have any craft felt for it so I did it the old fashion way and layered the ink colors on the stamp itself starting with the lightest color. On the focal image I stamped the background in Scattered Straw with the sunbeams over it in Wild Honey and the sand, trees, and sentiment in Brushed Corduroy. All cardstoch was sponged with Old Paper and Brushed Corduroy. The kraft strip was also embossed with PTI's Linen impression plate. The sketch for this card comes from WMS's sketch challenge.
For the card on the right stamped the Grid Pattern with grey ink onto white c/s and then colored in the boxes to create the letter leaving room to punch out a heart. This really reminded me of when I did this with graph paper during math classes. I used another Hero Art's background stamp (the name escapes me) on the black oval to give it some texture. The sentiment comes from PTI's Framed Out #3 and was white embossed onto red c/s. To add the smaller strip I used score-it tape and even added enough to cover the entire heart space and then rubbed in fine glitter. I popped up the Grid Pattern/Love c/s just to give it depth. The sketch for the second card comes from Totally Gorjuss's sketch challenge. Love how I was able to achieve two looks with this one stamp.







16 comments:
Hey, I'm in this class too! Looks like you were able to order My Island after all. Mine hasn't arrived yet.
Lovely cards. Both so different.
Love the graph background and the soft colors of both cards.
Both cards are great - I do like your Island card!
Fabulous cards and see you got your new beach stamps...I can't wait to get mine to play with. Love how it looks on your card, so bright and cheerful!
these are both adorable, so glad to see you playing with us at WM!
enjoy *~*
Your My Island card is so sunny, hee! I love the kraft with the yellow. The second card is so much fun with the bold sentiments and color scheme!
That is a fabulous My Island card! Love the yellow kraft! What. Wonderful secret sister! Can't wait to receive mine! For these second card...some of my FAV colors!
Wonderful cards...LOVE the yellow one. Such a great stamp too. Thanks for playing along with us in the Stretch Your Stamps Challenge over on A Blog Named Hero!
Love the sunny island card!
great card, thanks for joining us for Sketch week at Totally Gorjuss.
Lyndsey xx
i haven't seen that graph stamp used alot, you rocked it!
Sharing bloggy love, visiting from A Blog Named Hero
xo, Kristina
Come visit and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com
I love your tropical card! The background stamping really caught my eye. You layered the colors beautifully.
Two great graphic designs Cassie! Love the craft and yellow on your WMS sketch card!
What a wonderful beachy card! I love the grid background, too!
I love both these cards but that LOVE one is just too cool. Like old fashioned dot-matrix video games! So great.
Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!
Linda
A Blog Named Hero
Post a Comment