Friday, July 20, 2012

Tin Ceiling Tiles


Ever since I made those Tin Man cads I have been wanting to try out an idea with the hexagon IP from PTI. I thought it would make a really neat punch tin ceiling tile kind of card (not to mention a great way to paly along with Moxie Fab's Hexagon challenge). I really enjoyed creating this card and when I was done I realized that I still hadn't done my turorial on this so it will be coming this weekend. It is done and just needs to be written up.


I simply cut a sheet of Rangers Tape Foil to the size of the card (should have maybe done this part last due to crookedness of the final result, live and lern right) and ran it through my CB with the Impression Plate as though I was going to emboss it. Turns out the foil is so thin that it still cut through most of it. Carefully peeling the backing off I laid it on the card base. After applying the punched tin technique I didn't want to cover it up so I kept it simple and used a wonderful frame and senitment from a WMS set (Fancy Phrases). I black emobssed the sentiment onto white c/s, swipped Pumice Stone over it and then sprayed the whole thing with Ranger's Perfect Perals Mists Perfect Pearl. Love how it gave a pwetered look. I popped it up so that I could thread some black thread through it to anchor it to the card. I decided the sentient needed to  be a little elegant and what could be more elegant than saying "hello" in French.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow. Wow!
This is so cool, Cassie!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Cassie! Thanks for linking this up to the Hooked on Hexagons Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

nancy said...

This is cool and chic and just plain wonderful. The sentiment label even looks like metal. Incredible job!