Here is the tutorial I promised ya'll. This is photo heavy as I don't have the ablility to make a video.
Supplies: cardstock cut/punched into the desired shape (doesn't really matter what the color is as it will all be covered in the end), needle or other pointer thingy, foil tape sheets cut into strips of different widths, and black paint/ink
Step 1:
cover your c/s in the strips of foil tape. overlapping here and there.
Step 2:
On the parts that hang over just snip them so that you can wrap it over your c/s
Step 3:
When you are done with the wrapping/overlapping it should look something like the above picture.
Step 4:
Wherever the seams of the strips meet up you will want to take the needle/sharp pointy thingy. The bottom picture shows what it should could look like when you are done.
Step 5:
Put a little black paint and rub it in and around with your fingers. Yes this part is messy but hey it is for the good of being crafty, lol. Or you could use some alchol ink to add color with a Ranger felt thingy (I am so sorry for not knowing the technical terms) as this is alot less messy.
Step 6:
Let the paint dry just a little and then take a napkin and rub/buff off the paint. Sometimes I pounce it off depending on the texture I want.
Final Product:
This is what it will look like when done. I it aged with the seams and punched parts highlighted some.
My card: I added my pieces to a cute little Tiddly Inks robot. This would make a cute card for a boy. You can see other examples of the technique here, here, and here.



















1 comment:
Love the look of the pressed metal. Great idea.
Post a Comment