Friday, July 17, 2009

Bridal Shower Invite Sample


I was asked to create a bridal shower invite for a family friend. This is the first time I've been asked to do something like this, so needless to say I was/am nervous. I had my mom come over and help me with the design. This is a mock-up of the invite I did. The dress and the base cardstock will be a reddish brown now (the color of the bridesmaid dresses) and the silver cord may be gold or at least gold ribbon there too. The dress was the FREE digi stamp I got from the SSD Blog Cruz (you only have until the 20th to pick this up before it goes into her store), and I thought it would be cute for the invite.


You can't have a bridal anything without some bling, so I painted on some Pixie Dust Blinz on the bodice and along the bottom, add the rhinestones, and the glitter edges along the navy blue strip of cardstock on the bottom. I also used an embossing folder from Cuttlebug as a background as I didn't have any patterned paper that I felt would work.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Melanie said...

Cassie this is beautiful. No need to be nervous. You did a wonderful job!! I love these colors and can't wait to see the one that you create for her with the gold.

Stephanie said...

great card...and image (thanks for the link!)

I think your friend will love the card you came up with for her :)

specialcraftmom4 said...

This card is just lovely! Beautiful job with the Copics (:

TannyP said...

Beautiful job! I've never heard of Blinz, but I suspect I might have to check 'em out now. Can't wait to see the results when you've got the invites all done up!

Vicki said...

Simply beautiful! You did a great job! Blessings to you!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for the heads up regarding the free digi.

=o) kel said...

very cute, your friend made a great choice in choosing you to make her invites!!

lovies, =o) kel

laos348 said...

So pretty - I really like that dress image. I'm going to go check it out after I leave your blog. I like the sparkle and bling too - looks great!

Jacquel said...

Gorgeous card Cassie and the colors are wonderful!

Me Myself and I-N-K said...

The dress is definitely perfect for the bridal shower invite. Love the colors you used.

Alma =)

Ann said...

Beautiful...love your coloring (a skill I completely lack).

Danderella said...

Very classy card!

raindropecho said...

This is beautiful! So classic :) I'm sure everyone will love it. Looking forward to working with you and the rest of the My Grafico team :)
- Ann

tifflynn76 said...

This is a very beatiful card! The blue really 'pops'! :)