Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wings & Roots

A start of a new month, July. Where did the first six months go? Since it is a new month, it means time for another challenge posted by me in the Scrapbookers Goals section over at SCS. Here's the challenge:

Independence Day for our Canada friends was today (I think) and for America it is Saturday. This got me to thinking about independece and freedom and what all they make me think about. Since this is about a quote (or two) and how it inspires you, I went on-line and looked up several. Here are the ones I choose:

HENRY DAVID THOREAU:
Gardening is civil and social, but it wants the vigor and freedom of the forest and the outlaw.

HODDING CARTER:
There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings.

There are so many ideas I came up with about this topic, but one is my children. That said, I chose the second quote.

As an added challenge, try to get the colors of your country in the layout as well :)

My above layout is my sample for the challenge. The quote is on the frame and the journaling is: Eventually we will have to let you two boys become independent beings. At times, this may be a gradual process; while at others times, it will come quickly. While we want you to have your wings of freedom and independence to become your own person, I pray that you never forget your roots – that you will always be a child of God your heavenly father as a child of ours. It is knowing where we come from and the stories of our past that will help us to become a better person. This knowledge and acceptance helps keep us from staying lost and gives us something to go back to when you may need help, understanding, acceptance, or a rest. May your soul be planted firmly in your faith in God. 4.2009

The page itself is not complete as I will be adding some stiching once it gets printed and maybe a few stars.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like how you framed a part of the photo to focus in on the children. Very nice.

Tracy said...

This is just an amazing page! I LOVE it!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful layout. July in Canada is called "Canada Day" - our 142nd birthday.

Lianna Knight said...

I LOVE that message Cassie...so so pretty and so loving :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's all I can say... This is completely fabulous!

Jennifer Talley said...

Very cute page! Love it!