Monday, July 27, 2009

True Loves Kiss


I have another FABULOUS digi image by the talented Lindsey over at Sassy Studio Designs. This one is called True Love's Kiss and will be released on August 1st. As soon as I saw this image I imediantly thought of all of those princess Disney movies. Two of my most favorite fariytales are Cinderella (I'm still working on the project for that one) and Sleeping Beauty. I decided to make some cards as a tribute to the Disney princesses. The first one up is my own take on Sleeping Beauty. I used the pink dress as inspiration and for the prince I just 'had' to watch the movie (hee hee hee) to figure out how to color the prince. As you can see, I really need to work with my blues :( Overall, I am really happy with this card. I kept it fairly simple and used some ruffled ribbons to help give it a princess-y feel. I also used my shimmery white cardstock for the base and sprayed Baby's Breathe Shimmerz Spray over the pink cardstock. Also, what is a princess without a little bling? I painted some pink Shimmerz over the bustle of her dress. Lindsey will also have a sentiment bundle that will go with these wonderful sets as well. I used the 'Enchanting' one with this card - perfect for a wedding.



Be sure you check out Sassy Studio Designs' blog for their second challenge for a chance to win four images from the Fairytale August 1st release. If you go now, then you can pick up a FREEBIE (who doesn't love FREE).



We are also planning a party that day that you won't want to miss.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh Cassie! How pretty! Beautiful coloring and I love the accents! Blessings to you!

Pat (mspfd) said...

So pretty! You did a great job coloring your image. Love how you created a the sparkling lace accent on the dress.

Cheryl Walker said...

OMGosh Cassie this is Beautiful hun!!! I love the image and your coloring, of course your ruffled trim is beautiful as well:) I love all the sparkle!!!! Beautiful job hun!!!!

Will have to check out the freebie, and yes I do love freebies:)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Kathy said...

Beautiful coloring. Love the ruffled ribbon accent, perfect for this card. TFS!

paige said...

Beautiful coloring!

Gina said...

that card is totally stunning!!!!!

Congrats on your GDT spot.

Ann said...

Oooh, too sweet! Your coloring is fantastic!!! Love the bits of bling, too!

Mary G. said...

Oh, my! This is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring skills are amazing ang that image is beautiful!!! WONDEFUL!!!

Stephanie said...

so pretty!! this would just make a little girl's day!! a definite keeper :)

Sande said...

This card is just beautiful. You did an amazing job on the dress...looks like you could reach out and touch it.

Sande

CarlaKH said...

what a beautiful card... and I am envious of your copic collection hehe

Heidi said...

This is a beautiful image! Your colorign is very nice and the trim is great.