Sunday, July 5, 2009

Stampavie Design Team Member Call

Stampavie is having a DT call and I thought I would have a try at it. I have only recently discovered the wonderful and fun stamps they have to offer and must say that I am addicted to them. Unfortunately I only have two and of course at this moment can't find them in the chaos I call my craft room. However, I thought these few cards would work. All three have only just now found their way to my blog because I have used them for other DT calls recently.

This first one used all SU! paper (Certainly Celery base and some DSP that I had laying around - just no name for it), just jeans background stamp, Sugar Nellie's A Good Book stamp, and lots of copics. I was going for a feeling of the outdoors with the green base being the grass, the blue representing the sky, and the yellow is the sun. Of course I just had to add a sun using my circle punches. I covered the center of the sun with CE to give it some shine (I did the same thing to her heart necklace).



The second one used So Saffron as the base and paper from the Spring Break SU! DSP. I used my too cute turtle from Hangin' Loose with Kona from Craft Lounge for my image and had fun coloring him with my copics as well. I added hand-stiching to give it a little extra umph. I've just gotten a sewing machine and am looking forward to using it on cards and layouts in the near future :)



This last card was the card I gave to my daddy (and yes, I still call him that) for father's day this year. I used several Verve stamps for this one: Protector and Up, Up and Away. Again, I used my copics (I just can't get enough of them). I wish I could tell you the cardstock colors I used but I forgot to right them down.



Photobucket

7 comments:

loretta said...

I really loved the card for your 'daddy' I miss mine terribly and he has been gone six years now.

Your use of color and layout are simply fantastic!

Jacquel said...

Your cards are awesome and love your coloring! Good luck with the DT call!!!

Becky said...

What gorgeous cards, and awesome coloring.

Tracy said...

I love the "Good Book" stamp. It is so cute!! Great card.....

Michelle said...

cassie your cards are wonderful and your use of copics fantastic! (love that little turtle!)

TFS!

Leslie said...

LOVE these cards! Great job!

Vera said...

Love your "Dad" card. Awesome coloring on the hot air balloon!