
I just finished up my class for the FREE SSU (Sassy Scrapbook University) over at ScrapAttack Scrapbook and let me tell you I had a BLAST this session. It had two classes on making cards (one even had a kit that you could buy for $10 - I ended up making 8 cards and 2 tags from it and still have supplies leftover), a class about techniques, a class about embellishments, a class on how to make a note holder, and a canvas scrapping class (that was my favorite one this session). I am also starting to catch up with the FREE Thinking Inking (TI) class over at Two Peas in a Bucket site (so got to be loving the FREE thing right). In fact, I combined the first TI class with the canvas class at SSU. The TI class is all about showing you how to use the Ranger products. I've gotten several of their products but just never really knew how to use them. Now I know and am having so much fun with them. Their Distress Inks are the best! I really how easily I can use them to add some distress or color pop on the edges of my papers (it is nice and soft instead of harsh that I always got with a regular sponge and ink) and the water splotching and watercolor effect I can get with them. Another technique I'm going to try later this weekend or early next week with them is some embossing.


I used an 8x10 canvas to create a scrapook page for the wall. I covered the whole canvas with Key Lime glimmer mist then sponged the edge with Patina glimmer mist then sprayed the whole canvas with Baby's Breathe Shimmerz spray. I used this as my base paper similar to a paper only page. The orange border around the picture was sponged with Dried Marigold distress ink and then covered in Mango Maddness Shimmerz spray. I stamped the bottom left flower corner onto transparency and then colored it in with my Copics. The stamp set is a Prima Build a Frame set. The flowers on the right were sponged with Dried Marigold and Broken China distress ink to achieve the colors I needed, and I colored the ribbon strip and the light green bling with my Copics to get the colors I needed as well. I used my homemade rubons for the tag to get the words and font I wanted. The tag is where I also used the water splotching technique from the Thinking Inking class here. I am really proud of this.







5 comments:
LOVE it :)
OMGosh! This turned out so beautiful Cassie....I really love it! Excellent work & tfs!!!
What a beautiful layout, this is gorgeous.
This turned out gorgeous-love the inking on the tag!
HI Cassie
What great work on the tag. I have a blog award up for you on my blog. {HUGS}
Post a Comment