Thursday, December 3, 2009

A glitterful background

I wasn't able to finish these fun sneaks out before the newest SSD release, but here they are now. I really went crazy with the glitter on these cards even though you might not be able to tell in the pictures.


I also what to remind ya'll about two SSD blog things:
1. the DT call. Be sure to check out the blog for all the deets about this - deadline Dec. 15th
You will want to click on the link as it will take you the the deets and the free image Lindsay
would like you to use for one of your projects.

2. the movie inspiration challenge: Disney's The Princess and the Frog - deadline Dec. 11th


This first card uses SSD's Stroke of Midnight image. I'm loving this image. I used PaperTake Weekly's sketch for the card and sprayed the embossed white c/s in Shimmerz Baby's Breath and painted her dress and shoes in Shimmerz Ultra Marine. I like how the pop of blue is a subtle way to add color.






This second card use the new SSD Glass of Wine. What I like about this image is that it can be any drink that helps you to relax. I added glitter to the edges of the Basic Grey DP and the Soft Rain c/s from PTI as well as along the edge of the image. I also painted her shoes, sweater, and haedband in Shimmerz Blinz Wintergreen. The sketch came from Funky Fairy's Challenge.



Photobucket

13 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely card, not seen these images before. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky. Anesha

Lelia Pierce said...

Great job, Cassie! I am especially loving the Glass of Wine card! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Lou Sims said...

Fab cards and love the image you have used. Great take on the "Fab 'n' Funky" sketch too.

Lou
x

Anonymous said...

Cassie - -I LOVE your coloring!! The choice on your second card is beautiful! Thanks for always inspiring me!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your coloring is always wonderful- I bet the cards are even better IRL with all of the glitter!

paige said...

Two great cards! Fun images!

gale said...

cute cards!

CarlaKH said...

such pretty cards!

Anonymous said...

Very cute cards. I love the glass of wine card.

Ginny said...

fab image, yummy card...thanks for joining us at FnF this week :)

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Fab cards...love the one using the Fab 'n' Funky sketch! Thanks for joining us this week x

Naomi said...

Stroke of Midnight is indeed a fab image!!! Wow, her dress does pop! I am in love with the second card. The girl with the wine, comfy chair, shoes kicked off, it's every womans perfect moment! These are great!

Karli said...

great cards as usual. Love the wine image. I could see myself using this one :)