Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Growing in Unity - Day 2

I hope you all enjoyed the first card yesterday. I've got another goodie for you today using the wonderful Unity Stamps. For today's card I used a cute little stamp set called Jolly Little Winter. I just love the little penguins in it and decided I would take a stab at creating a little scene. This is the first time I've tried this out and it was really fun. The stamps in this set also make it easy as I used the igloo, the snow drifts sans the fence, and the penguin with earmufffs. For the little snowflake punch I used the lefterovers from yesterday's card. I outlined the drifts with Stickles Frosted Lace and I also used it on a few of the snowflakes to jazz them up. The background for the scene and the embossed DP was done on Shimmery White paper to give it a subtle touch of sparkle. What helps the scene to pop is that the snow drift and a few of the snowflakes are on a piece of transparency that I poped up and the penguin is popped up on that. Be sure you come back tomorrow for Day Three and to learn which Unity stamp I'll be giving as a blog candy.


Challenges used:
Copic Creations - color snow (I colored the igloo and created some subtle snowdrifts with my copics
Stamp Challenges - Glitzy Somethings
PaperPlay Challenges - Christmas theme sans red/green

Photobucket

19 comments:

Cheri said...

How sweet! I love how you did the snow on your card!

gale said...

really cute card!

Stampin2day said...

Cassie this is beautiful! Love both snow cards..awesome!

Liz said...

tHANKS FOR JOINING PAPERPLAY THIS WEEK LOVELY CARD

LIZ X

Tamara said...

Super cute! I love the scene you created :)

stampjourney said...

What an adorable card! Those cutie-pie penguins were my first Unity stamp set. Can't wait to try making a snowdrift after seeing your inspiration today.

Kelly Mahany said...

What a great scene you created here! I love it! I need to pull this set out to make a couple of Christmas cards with! Thanks for the inspiration!

Gwen said...

This scene card is just adorable! I love the way you popped up the transparency for the added dimension! Love it!!

Unknown said...

so so cute, love it.

Naomi said...

Wow, the transparency layer made all the difference in the depth of this card!!! I am going to have to remember that! This is too cute.

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Another gorgeous card Cassie! Love the snow and the softness to this card! Beautiful!

Rachel B said...

What a cute little scene. I love the sparkle and that penguin is SO cute. Love the background texture too! Beautiful

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- I love your scene and the snow! TFS

Lilian said...

Your winter card is just beautiful! Thanks for joining the Copic Creations challenge! Have a wonderful day!

Jennifer Stricker said...

Beautiful card. The penguin is so pretty. Thanks for playing with Stamps & Smiles and Our Creative Corner. I hope you will play with us again.

Jen SASSC DT

Dawn M said...

tht penguin is one of my faves!

Anonymous said...

Adorable image, lovely wintry card!
Thank you for joining us at PaperPlay!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Cassie, I LOVE the fun winter layout and precious penguins!

Thanks for playing along with our weekly sketch challenge ~ Jennifer :)

Karli said...

oh I luuuuv the snow drift! cute, cute, cute :)