Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's a Sassy New Year


For Sassy Studio Design's latest release we are going to have a simple little blog hop. However, there will be ONE winner for someone who leaves a comment on each blog and finds the hidden elf. The first one to leave some love for each Sassy, find the elf, and email Jacquie at javablustamper@yahoo.com will win 3 sassy images of their choice. Everyone who joins us at the party blog will get a surprise though (4pm-6pm PST or 6pm-8pm CST). Be sure you check out the SSD shop to get your newest Sassys.

My sample for you today uses one of the newest images from SSD called Stroke of Midnight. I thought it might be fun to use the spotlight technique with this one. I printed the image on shimmer c/s and on plain c/s. The plain c/s was colored with copics while I watercolored the shimmer one for a subtle black-and-white effect. The swirl came from SU! Baroque Motifs and stamped in dark grey ink. Overall it is a simple card but I hope it has some elegance to it. The sketch is from the CAS blog.


Don't forget to chat with us over at the party blog and pick up your images at SSD. Also be sure to leave some love at the other Sassy Seven's blogs.


Photobucket

27 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

great card,
love how you have highlighted the couple kissing,
Hugs
Angie

Anonymous said...

I love this image and your card is awesome!! So do I do the blog hop or start buying first?? :-)

Mz Kel-z said...

I love this card!

Heidi said...

so cute, love the spotlighting!

Maria Matter said...

Cassie, this is fabulous!!!
The spotlight technique was a billiant idea for this image!!!
Beautifully done!

love your signature, btw!
blessings, Maria

Annie said...

oh my, this is FAB! Such a great idea and you've done awesome job. Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Lelia Pierce said...

This card is too cute, Cassie! Love the spotlight technique!

Hugs,
Lelia

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love your colored circle highlighting the one part of the card.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Fabulous card! I really like the spotlight effect.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

WOW! What a neat card!! Another great image!

Unknown said...

Love your card!
hugs,
Gini

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this! Great job and thanks for sharing it!

scrapper n the making said...

very cute card

scrapper n the making said...

great card.. love ur work

jan farnworth said...

wonderful card love how you accented the couple with the circle.

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

O wow!!! I love the black and white theme with them highlighted in color..fantastic!!! TFS!
Mandy

Louise F NZ said...

Very cool job with the spotlighting! Great image too.

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

This *is* neat, Cassie. Very cool effects.

Cheers,
Susan

Lori said...

Thanks for showing your beautiful artwork.

Sara said...

I love this Cassie, love the black and white, with a touch of color!

Gail said...

I love your spot light! Looks like they've been kissing for at least a minute or two on the clock! DANG! LOL

Mandi said...

What a creative card. Love the hint of color in the circle!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Beautiful! I love it so much! It looks like the inside of a book :)

Kathy said...

Very cool how you spotlighted one area! Great card.

Vicki said...

How fun! Love the spotlight! Blessings to you!

gale said...

Cute-great spotlighting.

Naomi said...

You nailed it with the Spotlight technique on this card! The Baroque Motif is a great set, and beautiful on this card! Love it!