Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dare to be Sassy: A New Year

Happy New Year's Eve ya'll. This week's challenge is all about celebrating this new year: How do you celebrate?


I used the Kiss at midnight image as that is how we celebrate at our home: we kiss each other at our midnight. That means it might not be the real midnight as our little boys don't get to stay up so we make up our own time and celebrate. I like it because that means we don't have to stay up either as most nights I'm in bed before midnight (sad, I know). The colors I used are very non-traditional, but I was in the mood to be daring. I left off a sentiment b/c I thought that the image spoke of New Year's on its own.

Challenges use:
Sassy Studio Designs - how do you celebrate New Year's
Mojo Monday - sketch
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - New Years

Photobucket

23 comments:

gale said...

This is so cute! Love that punched border. DH and I kiss at midnight too and ds will give me a kiss but the girls want nothing to do with that. lol

Jennifer Schmidt said...

This is such a sweet card! Love that image :) and that's such a great challenge. Happy New Year Cassie!

paige said...

This is a perfectly wonderful New Year card! love the image!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card. Love your color combination and your coloring. Happy New Year to you and your family!

scubasubie said...

What a great new-years card!! I love it. Happy new year to you.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this fun card- great New Years image! I always admire your coloring. Happy New Year!

Sally said...

Cassie,
Love you card. Thank you for stopping by my blog and participating in our Charisma Cardz Blog Hop. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I think kyou did a great job with the colors. Did you use some sort of border punch or something? Fabulous!

Jean said...

Too sweet! And the unusual colors are perfect here.

Stephanie said...

perfect image for tonight!! Wishing you all the best for the new year, Cassie!!

Unknown said...

Great New Year card!

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my candy & joining in with the Charisma blog hop - best of luck!

Jan xx

Jen Shults said...

This is perfect! What a great New Year's card. :D

Vicki said...

Too cute, Cassie! Love those colors! Happy New Year and blessings to you!

Heidi said...

So cute, I finally made some New Years cards this year so hoping to get them in the mail this week!

Mary G. said...

SO cute! What a great image!!!! Happy New Year!!!

theneon said...

Perfect card and a perfect way to celebrate the beginning of a New Year! Dare to go with new colors -- this one is great!

Kristine said...

So CUTE Cassie!! Love what you said about the kids too. Happy New Year and thanks for playing along in our new year's challenge at SSCC!! *Ü*

Louise F NZ said...

This is so cute, lovely colours and the image is great.

Anonymous said...

Cassie, very cute card!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. The image is adorable.

Karli said...

love your take on this challenge :) Great card, as usual! So have you hit the books yet, grad student??? (Hee! Hee!) Happy New Year & big hugs to ya!

Naomi said...

I like this card a lot! My SIL was married this New Years Eve, so we attended her home wedding, which was lovely, then partied at the Ring In The New Year reception! It was a blast! Happy New Year!

The Mama Monkey said...

I agree! Love how the clock gives the card away! Neat scalloped edge too! Is that a new toy?