Thursday, July 8, 2010

Help cheer up a fellow stamper

Can you believe that this is my third post? I was in a groove today, but to be honest I colored the images yesterday, lol). This is also my take at a cute and girly card. Since I have two little boys and I'm more of a relaxed/tom-boy type of girl, I don't really do the typical girl thing. I know we girls love our bling and flowers as well as pink (well, most seem to like this card), so I hope I got the girl part down.

This is a card for a special crafter named Michelle from Donkey Smiles who loves donkeys (has several on her farm from what I understand) and has lost her left (?) eye in a freak accident. When I heard about this amazing lady I went to her blog and discovered that she is a very faithful woman who is very strong and has some outstanding goals she will achieve as well as an outstanding crafter. Meljen created the cute digi donkey image over at Whimsy Stamps and she and Whimsy has offered it as a freebie for those who would like to send Michelle a card (not a get well card per say, but more of an up-lifting/cheerful one). After I colored him I used the dotted background technique on it (I'm really likeing this technique). The background papers were created with PTI's Friend's till the End stamp set with the stamp off method using SU's regal rose and real red inks (the leaves on the circle were stamped with certainly celery). I chose a one word sentiment (stamped in red) as I thought it sounded like Michelle like to laugh in life even now.





Challenges used:
Cupcake Inspiration - photo inspiration
Color Throw Down - color inspiration
Cute and Girly - summer theme
Wee Memories - free for all
A Spoon Full of Sugar - send a card to Michelle
Pile it On - use your favorites (love my copics and nesties)

Photobucket

24 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Cassie this card is so sweet!! I absolutely love it. I just heard about Michelle and read her blog and she's really amazing! Thanks for sharing this card and thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jamie M. said...

Such a cute card. Nice job!
http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

Jodi said...

Love this card....adorable image and your coloring is devine!

Annelies said...

I love it!

Jackie Randolph said...

Hi Cassie, this is just adorable!! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful. I know Michelle will love your card. Thanks for joining in the celebration at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Carol L said...

I've been seeing this donkey a lot and you've colored it beautifully! I hope it brings a smile to Michelle after her tragic accident. Thanks for playing along with the CTD!

dj said...

fantastic coloring...Thanks for taking part in this exciting 100th Color Throwdown Challenge.....don't forget to hop around to all the blogs and leave some love...that will increase your changes of winning!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, that donkey is darling! I appreciate you mentioning it's availability as I think I'll grab it to make a card for Michelle, too. Thanks for helping us celebrate this week with the Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

This is just a precious card and colored beautifully! I love that this card is for Michelle. She's such a sweet lady! Thanks so much for helping us to celebrate our 100th challenge!

Rachel Hope said...

So sweet! And thanks for the inspiration to get coloring this little guy! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Sylvia said...

Hi, What a lovely card for Michelle! I grabbed that image at another blog, but could not get the details on where to send it! Thanks for sharing with CTD! The card is awesome!

Karli said...

Adorable Cassie :) I'll be joining you in sending a card for Michelle. Love the little dots for the grass & background- I might have to give that a go :) Big Hugs!

Andrea said...

A gorgeous card - your colouring is fab, and I love the way you have added your sentiment!
Just grabbed the image myself and intend making a card after I've finished teachers' thank you cards.
Love, Andrea xx

Teresa Kline said...

so sweet....your coloring is amazing!

enjoy *~*

gale said...

Aww this is so cute!

Barbara said...

Totally adorable card! Thanks so much for playing along with Color Throwdown 100!!

Hannapanna said...

Beautiful card. Love that sweet image and the design papers. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck. Hugs Hanna

Anna said...

Super sweet card. Thanks for sharing with us at Pile It On.

Cathy said...

I love the image of the little donkey...Your card is so cute...Thanks for sharing...

Scrappy said...

How cute is this! Terrific! Thanks for joining us this week at PIO! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

Katie Cotton said...

this is so sweet! I love how you've colored him!

Theresa said...

Cassie, your card is fabulous! Your coloring is just amazing.

Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

Geraldine said...

Oh that little donkey is sooo cute. Great card and beautiful colouring. Thank you for entering the BTC&G challenge.
geraldine

Naomi said...

LOVE this one!!! The papers in the background are perfect! That donkey image is adorable, and of course, it's perfectly colored!