Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pink-tastic

DH had sinus surgry yesterday so I didn't get much sleep last night. Instead, I looked for card ideas. I saw several challenges that were all about pink so I though I would play along. I also got out two Papertrey Ink stamp sets that I haven't used in awhile to justify me wanting the new release sets (I'm also really trying to balance my stamped projects with my copic coloring projects). Glitter also found its way into my cards because really, how can you use pink without using some glitter :)

For the first card I used PTI's Holiday Button Bits. There's lots of pink but it's balanced with the frames of brown and kraft cardstock. I also really like how the sentiment is stamped in the darker pink to bring some balance to the card. I embossed the lighter pink with Cuttlebug's Snowflake folder but didn't like how it make the sentiment look. To fix that I just ran it through again sandwiched between the B and C plate this time. The end result gave a much softer look and my sentiment looks great. The two little buttons I used for the little man came ffom PTI as well, and I colored the thread with my copics though so that it matched.


Challenges used:
EBTK - sketch
Charisma - pink
Colour Create - pink, chocolate, white
Fab 'n' Funky - Christmas
Fresh Brewed - Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - Christmas


The second card used PTI's Mod Squad. I love how I can make my own patterned paper with some of the images from this set. Glitter was added to the frame around the sentiment and I used the rock-n-roll technique to the flower to give it some interest while the leaf was colored in with my copics. An overall fun, girly card.

Challenges used:
ColourQ - color challenge

EAD - color challenge
Cuttlebug Spot - sketch
Photobucket

18 comments:

Jen Shults said...

These are so fun Cassie! I love all the pink!

Lisa Andrews said...

What a "yummy" looking gingerbread! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at CCT.

Lisa

Ginny said...

love the colours you,ve used on this fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE CARDS....
Thanks so much for playing along this month:)

Christine said...

nice card!thanks for playing with us at cute card thursday!
hugs
christine

Kathy said...

Both are great. Really like the color combo on the second and the custom made dsp.

Jenn Embry said...

Cute! I love pink with bling....they're like pb & j...can't have one without the other. :) Great cards.

Mina said...

fantastic cards Cassie, I love the gingerbread man and his little buttons, brilliant idea...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Your cards are stunning!I love the sweet gingerbread! AND IN PINK with LOADS OF SPARKLE!!! :D EeEEeeeE so cute!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Jenn said...

Your retro card is so awesome!

thanks for playing along with EAD Designs.

CathyRose said...

Aww...your pink cards are just delicious!

Allison said...

very cute
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Emma and Susan said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
Love Susan
xxx

Amy said...

These are all so cute!!Thanks for playing!

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Some fabulous cards. I love the pink gingerbread one. Unique colour for a christmas card, but totally awesome!

Ann said...

Super cute...love the glitter! Thanks for playing at EBTKS!

Courtney Baker said...

Super pretty! Thanks for playing along with EBTKS!

Winter said...

So cute! Love the little gingerbread man! Thanks so much for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)