Here's another quick card I put together. I really wish I knew where I got the cute digital image from but I honestly don't remember. If anyone recognizes it, then could you let me know please. It's really cute and I can't wait till I get to use it again. The extra branches were made by just erasing the bird and tree trunk and then copying it three times and moving them around. I really wanted the image and the aluminum circle to stand out so I used Distress Ink's Faded Jeans to stamp some Papertry Ink's stars from Star Prints. Then I thought this would make a sweet little Christmas card so I added the sentiment from PTI's Signature Christmas. I also tried out the dotted background again (I'm really liking this technique, you can find the tutorial here).


The aluminum circle is another new technique I decided to try out. I used a nestie to cut out a circle and then clue different sizes of chipboard stars. Once that dried I cut out another circle (a little bigger) out of the aluminum and glued it over the star side while barnishing it at the same time to get the star to come out. Once I got the stars to pop they way I wanted them too I Adirondack's Dream, Stream, Pearl Mixative, and alcohol blending solution to dab on the color to give it a night time kind of feel. I really like how it turned out and can so see me using this again.
Challenges used:Unscripted Challenges - sketch
EBKS - use aluminum
Charisma Cardz Challenge - use metal (I use aluminum counts as it's like metal right, lol)
ABC Christmas Challenge - noel
Copic Creations - coloring birds
Stamp Something - your flag colors
Fussy and Fancy - Christmas in July
Craftalicious Challenges - theme "cute" (isn't that bird just the cutest)
No Time to Stamp - use stars
Off the Wall Craftiness - color inspiration (I don't have any rasberry colors or even copics so I hope my little read bird is ok)







38 comments:
Cassie that image is too cute. Your card is gorgeous, love the aluminum and stars. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
Wow, this is beautiful! I love how you used the aluminum, thanks for all the details. Glad you played with the bonus sketch, hope I find time to as well!
This is just adorable ... love it!
Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "Stars" challenge!
Oh my goodness - what a FABULOUS card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!
Thats too cute! I will let u slide on the colors this time LOL! Everyone gets one free pass :) Thanks for playing! Good luck!
Shuddup.....(sarcasm)....I didn't even realize there were stars in there til the second picture...PERFECT layout & Digi-style! Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy! (PS- pls turn off word verification as it makes it difficult to comment on all the entrants quickly enough. thanks)
this is so cute, I luv the layered tree.....the image is adorable, sorry I do not know where it is from....I do that too, there is so much out there in blogland to see and save, it is hard to keep it all straight....have a fantastic weekend!
enjoy *~*
So cute Cassie! I love the look! Thanks for playing along with EBTKS!
What a clever card! I am amazed at the great details you used, those stamps are so cute and great use of the UnScripted bonus sketch.
Great card Cassie. Thank you for joining us on ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you next time.
Cathy GD
xxxxx
Love the stars covered with the foil! Looks great!
Oooooooo!! This is so pretty! Thanks for joining the challenge at Stamp Something!
Very pretty!! thanks for the sweet comment!! :) :) :) :)
Wonderful card! Fabulous colouring and layout and I love the metallic accents. Thanks for
playing at Stamp Something
Hugs
Annika
awwww such a cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp Something!
Too cute! Love that little bird! Using the aluminum is just brilliant.
What a darling card and you are putting me in the mood for Christmas cards on this hot, humid 4th of July -- LOL! So glad you could play the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!
Darling card- I love the bird on the branch and the look of the aluminum behind the layers.
Simple but fantastic coloring and technique used - LOVE IT! Thanks for joining the Copic Creations challenge! :)
Great card hun, thanks for playing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this week. Hugs, Sxx
So cute. Love the little bird and the simple layout.
You are really creative! Beautiful card.Love it.Thank you for joining us on ABC Christmas Challenge.
hugs Dorte GD
I think this is the most beautiful card, I love it! x
Love this!!
Love all the texture on this card! What a wonderful creation, Cassie :)
- Ann
Fabulous card, love your aluminium circle and the fabulous image, great colouring and background work.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx
What a cool technique.. I have not seen that before.. Great card.. Your bird is a sweet addition...
Too cute! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)
Fabulous card Cassie :-) the image is adorable and I love the different techniques you used ,,, lovely :-)
thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x
Lovely, love the dotty technique but could not see the tutorial looks interesting mind! Fantastic amount of techniques you have done! great job! Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge, Samantha :0)
Beautiful card. Love the way you did the tree.
Cassie, this is fabulous!! Loved how you colored the birds and added those soft background! So, so cool! Thanks for using my Doodle Bird!
Super cute! Love the stars.
Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy's Christmas in July Challenge!
Gorgeous card, so sweet.
Thanks for joining us for our "cute" challenge at Craftalicious
hugs Mandy xx
This is lovely! I love the background on the images! Wonderful
Lovely card - the foil looks fab!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x
Wow! What an awesome technique with the chipboard and foil - I love it - thanks so much for sharing that! Your card is awesome, especially your perfect Copic Coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at Copic Creations!
What a great technique using raised images under the foil! That is a really neat look! Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!
Post a Comment