Saturday, July 17, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps


I am so excited to be part of this hop today. It is only my second Waltzingmouse Stamps blog hop, but I love hopping with them. Claire is the owner of this amazing company that has some really great stamp sets. I only have one WMS set so far but there are LOTS on my wish list. The theme for this hop was to use the colors blue and green. I love those colors but couldn't help but add a punch of orange. The set I used/have is Free Spirit. I love all the images that come with it and have in fact used the flowers on two projects that I've already posted. In this set, there is a great image perfect for a backdrop, lots of circles. I stamped and embossed it in clear embossing powder and then sprayed over it with Tattered Angels (TA) Key Lime Pie and Denim Blue. Once I blotted the paper dry I gently rubbed over the embossed image to remove any extra color. I then repeated on a scrap piece of white and sprayed it with TA's Tiger Lily for my punch of orange before I punched it out with my oval nestie. I then used the curved stripe to give the impression of a wave. All of this came about because I really wanted to use the two surfboards in the Free Spirit set. I stamped one in blue and the other in green but needed something to frame them. This is where the pop of orange came from; the perfect frame for these fab little surfboards. To give the boards a little something extra I added glitter to the white parts of the images and then went over the entire boards with Crystal Effects. The sketch is from an old Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. This was a fun card to create.




Challenges used:
Secret Crafter: summer travel
Just Us Girls: color inspiration
EtsyInspired: inspiration from Mermaids' Tears; mine is this beautiful necklace

Photobucket

48 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Lovely card, well done on combining so many challenges.

A Consuming Passion said...

Lovely card - I really like the addition of orange it adds so much to the summer feel!

Helen Berry said...

Cassie, this is a really great Card. I've never used the Tattered Angels glimmer mist, but very much want to try it now. Thanks for the inspiration.

Clare said...

great card, love the touch of sparkle, makes the surf boards actually look wet!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fabulous Cassie...love the extra shimmer and sparkle from your card. I wish I was at the beach today...it's going to be wicked hot here. =)

Antje said...

I love your addition of orange - great combo this way - and this set, is on of WMs best - love it too! Your card is amazing, love how you added all the details of the surfboards specially!

Sandie said...

This is wonderuful. I love how you've broken the white card, really effective. The orange just pops out, stunning!

Karen B. said...

Oooh, love your summery take on the challenge. And I love this stamp set too! Great job, great colors!

Bonnie said...

Oh yes I LOVE this - that punch of orange is gorgeous and your surfboards are awesome! Thanks for waltzing with us today!

Rachel B said...

This turned out so fabulous! I love the surf boards! So fun!

Kerry said...

Love this! Such great colors, layout, and details. The spray, embossing, and crystal effects really create a nice feel. Thanks for playing in the Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Kerry said...

Love this! Such great colors, layout, and details. The spray, embossing, and crystal effects really create a nice feel. Thanks for playing in the Etsy Inspired Challenge!

de said...

Perfect card for the challenge! Love those little glossy surfboards!

Julia Aston said...

what a great beach surfer card Cassie! love the gloss on the boards!

Jennifer Holmes said...

Now this card certainly says "summer," doesn't it? Love your little surfboards with the glossy accents. Perfect!

Mona Pendleton said...

What fun cards! Those lil surfboards are awesome!

Jen Shults said...

Wow this is PERFECTION... so creative!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is a spectacular card!!! I love all the textures and details!!! I'm trying to get a bit more brave with my glimmer mists. You've inspired me!

Queenie said...

This is such a terrific card! Your colors look wonderful, and suit your inspiration piece well! I love the glitter mist effect! What a lovely card. Thanks for playing EIC!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! the surfboards are all "waxed up" and ready to go in the water :)

Terrific creation
Thanks for sharing

Ann said...

What a beautiful background Cassie! Love that circles stamp but haven't got it off my wishlist yet!! Fab card for a dude ;o)

Ren-Yi said...

what a cute card. love the use of the orange splash.

Joyce across the Pond said...

You are the texture Queen, my girl!! what a job you made of those boards...great card.

AKiteFlier said...

WELL done - love the WMstamps you used and you did a great job with the colors as well. Thanks for laying along with JUGS this week :-) :-)

Unknown said...

Oh such a fun card Cassie Lu, love your clear embossing and the wee sparkles! Thank you so much for waltzing with us @ Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Karli said...

Great Card Cassie! Love how you mixed it up with the TA glimmer mist colors & embossed the boards! Fab, gf! Big Hugs!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Very pretty

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Anonymous said...

What a cool card!! You ladies are talking me right into those glimmer mist sprays! Thanks for the inspiration!

Charmaine Stack said...

So glad you used orange for the POP factor - it is the perfect choice. What a fun colourful shimmery card!

Wendy said...

This is amazing. I know how you feel about having a long wish list. Thanks for sharing!

Pauline said...

Grat card for a cool dude, love all the shimmer and gloss on it.

Rachel Webber said...

What an amazing card, just brilliant!

Kathryn B said...

WOW Casie that WM stamp set was just perfect for our color challenge this week! Fab job with your card just love the surf boards with the swirls behind them!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Lynne Phelps said...

With all that TA, I'll bet this looks AMAZING in real life! I can just imagine all that shimmer! I just got this set in the mail, so thanks for all the great inspiration!

Ashley Newell said...

This is FANTASTIC! I love the colors and the cool design! I have a really hard time making "cool" cards, you know what I mean? I think this would even pass the teenage cool test. :) Thanks so much for playing along with the EtsyInspired Challenge this week! It means a lot to me!

SmilynStef said...

Love those stamps ... and the way you combined the images is fabulous.

Jenny said...

Great card, love it!!! So pretty :) :) :) :) Have a wonderful day! HUGS!

Andrea M said...

Wow - this is fantastic! Love all the details and the background is gorgeous! Great use of the challenge colors this week! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls - we appreciate your support :)

B said...

Lovely card! The touch of sparkle is just perfect!

Lisa Kind said...

Cute card, Cassie! Love seeing all the surf boards out there for some summer fun! You used the JUGs challenge colors wonderfully! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Dana Gustafson said...

So totally cool! Love that sprayed background against the crisp wave and board details. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Paul said...

Love the paper and especially the surfboards. Great summery card.
TFS
Paul

Crystal said...

this card is so darn cool! i just love it! that is a fab color combo too and i love how you added the crystal accents too! gorgeous! so glad to be on the ymh dt with you and can't wait to play together! big hugs girl!

anya said...

What a fun card, Cassie! Love all the little details you included! Glad you could waltz with us!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW---this is a great card! Love that you used two challenges:) I agree--orange makes this more summery:) LOVE it! Thanks for joining in the fun with EtsyInspired!

Unknown said...

FABULOUS! Love the surfboards and all the glitz. Just lovely!!

Anne Tussing said...

COOL surfboards!! Love the glitter and shine!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the surfboards! No wonder you based your entire card around them! And the crystal effects makes them look like you took them wet right out of the ocean! FAB!!