Thursday, September 24, 2009

An Animal kind of day

I've had these two images colored for about a week now and have just gotten a chance to turn them into cards. I'm just going to get right to the cards and the challenges they go to.


This first card has an image from Dustin Pike. I just love his whimsy that goes into his images and my son love them too. I used a sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches. The base of the was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder to give it more depth and add to the pond feel. The paper is from Basic Grey's Lime Rickey collection.



The second card using one of my favorite summer stamps from Our Craft Lounge - Hangin' Loose with Kona. The paper also came from BG's Lime Rickey. I added some bling to his sunglasses with my black Spica pen (although it doesn't show in the picture) and rhinestone brads from SU! The sketch from CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS. This one was also in mind for the Creative Inspiration Challenge - animals.


Photobucket

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Great cards Cassie and that Lime Rickey paper pack is wonderful isn't it?
Regards
Michelle M

Vicky said...

Great take on the ICS challenge, thanks for joining us, hope to see you again... :)x

LOUISE said...

Hi Cassie-Lu, what cute cards. Love them both, the images are so sweet. Thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge. Louise x

Anonymous said...

Your cards are `gorgeous` Thanks for joining in with the ICS this week:)x

Vicki said...

Such cute cards Cassie! Great coloring! Blessings to you!

mrsk06 said...

Love your card, the turtle dude rocks!lol your colours are great too. Sal xx

laos348 said...

Those are both really cute images - I like the BG paper you used with them too.

Dotty Jo said...

These are soooo cute, and I love that paper - it's totally beautiful! Jo x

Alecia Wolfford said...

These are WAY cute, hehe. Love your take on the IC Sketch this week!!

CathyRose said...

Love those colors together. Great cards, Cassie!

Valerie said...

Awww what a adorable cards..the animals are so cute!

Kathy said...

Both are great. Love the bright summery colors of the Lime Rickey paper. Very cute images, too.

Fink said...

What a cute little froggy! Great job!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I LOVE your card!!! That froggie is just toooo cute and the papers are amazing! What fun :)

Thanks for joining us over at ICS!

gale said...

These are both so cute. That blue paper is perfect for water animals!

Michele said...

Fantastic cards!

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow! Love the colors and great use of that CB grass/bird folder with the image!! It goes just perfectly!

Mary Giles said...

Both card are way too cute. I love your choice of buttons in the first.

maxine said...

lovely card thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week

Jenn Embry said...

Oh my gosh, that is just too cute! I love it! Great image.

cheryl said...

love that cute frog paper is great too thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week love cheryl xxxxxxx

jude said...

Cute card thanks for taking part in the creative inspirations challenge love your take on our sketch
good luck
hugs judex