Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trick or Treat it's a Sassy release


*** If you would like to see my sample for the MyGrafico Challenge please look at the post below ***

Lindsay has created some wonderful Sassy Girls for Halloween so be sure to Trick or Treat your way through the blog hop. Leave comments along the way for a chance to win a treat or two. At the end of the hop you should end up at the SSD Blog where a BIG treat will be waiting for you. I have a little Trick here for you on my blog today and the Trick is you will be leaving a comment on my blog before Tuesday, Sept. 15 @ 12 midnight PST. By doing this you will be entered into a drawing, to win a NEW Halloween release image. And an image that I used on one of the cards below is the image you will be winning...the Sassy's Devil!!! Isn't she adorable?!? I will have post the winner of this image here on my blog on Wednesday, Sept. 16th so make sure you come back here and see if you are a winner!

I've been having lots of fun with the Sassy Angel and Devil Lindsay has drawn. For the first card I used the angel again. I just could have an angel card and not have her surrounded by clouds, so I stamped the clouds from Verve's Up, Up, and Away stamp set and cut them out. The clouds were also flocked and to do that I simply pushed the clouds face down into a glue pad and then poured white flock over it to give it more of a soft cloud feel. I also painted shimmerz over the wings and the dress to give her some sparkle and covered the halo and boots with CE. For the backgroud I used some vellum and a cuttlebug folder to emboss it and then taped it over some patterend pattern. I used the latest sketch from Sweet & Sassy too.



For the Sassy Devil I sponged black distress ink over everything to help give it a nighttime feel. I like how it turned out. Instead of all red I chose to add some black to her. I also covered the parts in black in CE and the horns and earrings were painted with shimmerz paint. I added a little flourish from PTI's Fancy Flourishes to the upper corner of the image to give a little something extra and to compliment the flourishes on the black paper. The sketch came from this weeks Crazy 4 Challenges blog.



Be aure you visit the other Sassy Sevens and leave your comments for them too.
Cassie (ME)


Photobucket

46 comments:

Piali said...

Awesome!!! Love both the cards....great take on the challenges.The angel card is fabulous ...Fanstic work.

gale said...

Wow those are gorgeous. Your coloring is amazing!!

Studio Lailani said...

Hi Cassie!! I love your cards!!! It's really hard to pick my FAV out of this release!!! I love visiting your site to see all the cards you create:)

Moni said...

Gorgeous cards, love the images! Hugs,Moni

Mandi said...

Very cute! I love both cards! And the dress on the angel one is so pretty. Great job!

Randi said...

Gorgeous cards!! Beautifully colored! Love the layouts!! The clouds look amazing!

pinky said...

Excellent cards Cassie, think the angel one is my fav at the moment.
Pinky

StampOwl said...

fabulous cards, thanks for playing with the C4C

laos348 said...

Both of these cards look great - you've really shown off the stamps well.

Stampin2day said...

Awesome job Cassie! Wonderful image, wonderful design!

Vicki said...

Cassie, these are fantastic! Great coloring and layering! Blessings to you!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Cassie - great cards! This is such a fabulous release!I really appreciate your technique descriptions, too. ~Susan

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful cards Cassie!!

The Mama Monkey said...

You have been busy over the past week! I love this new image!! The shine on the wings is a wonderful touch! I do think I prefer the naughty one though! LOL Those colors with the devilish girl just scream Halloween to me!

Jodi said...

What fantastic cards! I love the shimmerz on these images ~ just the perfect touch.

scubasubie said...

Definately another couple of FANTASTIC cards! Loving the devil card :) muahaha

Sara said...

OMG, they are both gorgeous, but that angel card is amazing!

Annita said...

Cassie LOVING your cards, the one with the clouds STUNNING !!
hugs Annita

Lelia Pierce said...

Great job on this one, Cassie! I love the shimmer on the angel and the flourishes on the devil. :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Wiccababe said...

absolutely stunning cards, love the images
and thanks for the chance to win
Debbi in Scotland
xx

Maria Matter said...

You did a fabulous job on both these gals....love the sparkles!!!
Blessings, Maria

Alison said...

These are fantastic! I love both of your cards. Your angel is so serene! Great job!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Cassie

Fantastic images. Thanks for the chance to win.

Ali x

helen scott said...

Loevly cards, I love both the angel and the devil now the big question has to be which one are you? Thank you for sharing.
Helen x

Jacqueline said...

These are sooo gorgeous!!! WOW! Great work!!

Anne-marie said...

fab cards luv these images
Anne-marie x

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Really nice, I love what you did with everything. Really great contrast for the cards!

Kaytee said...

Awesome job! I love how the Shimmerz looks on the angel! So pretty!!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Both are amazing, but I am drawn to the naughty devil vixen. Fantastic creations!

Anonymous said...

These are great! I love the shimmer on the angel, and the black boots on the devil!

Simone P. said...

These cards are great. I love them both. So much detail and the coloring is fab!

Tina Thayer said...

Cassie, great cards, I just love them!!!

Verda said...

Your creation are absolutely beautiful. Such great detail. Thanks for the opportunity,

Deanne Clarke said...

Gorgeous cards!!

Larisa Hohman said...

beautiful cards..love them both!

Unknown said...

Great cards. I love the details that you added.

Nikki said...

Great Cards Love how you've colored them
thanks for the chance too :)
hugs Nikki C

Valerie said...

WONDERFUL cards girl! You did such a great job on all of them for this release! WTG!!!

susy said...

Gorgeous, those are some cute stamps.

Gail said...

what a HOT card ;)

Heidi said...

Cassie this is awesome, I love her!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Again, your coloring is outstanding Love your cards!

Kathy said...

Love both of these. Love how you used the black ink to create a night time feel. Perfect with that image.

Anonymous said...

These are great. Love the image.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Wow, Cassie, what an awesome job you did on these! The details are amazing!

Stephanie said...

What fun cards, Cassie - you did an AMAZING job with both!! Love the clouds on the angel card & the dp you used on the devil card :)