Friday, September 25, 2009

Little Gardener

Today I chose to post the card I made using a very sweet image from Mo's Digital Pencil. I just love how she brings the same feel and look to her digital art as she does to the books she illustrates. I used the sketch from Card Patterns and created a 4.25 by 4.25 square card. I love this size of a square card as it still fits in a standard envelope. I distressed the image and the blue paper to add to the earthy feel. He was so much fun to color. For the watering can I tried to go for a hammered metal look using the colorless blender pen. In person it looks pretty good.




Photobucket

11 comments:

Unknown said...

what cute cute image!

Lelia Pierce said...

This is too cute! Love the image and the distressing! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Anonymous said...

This card is so adorable! The image is cute, the coloring is awesome and great job on the watering can!

gale said...

Your coloring looks amazing!! This card is SOOO cute too!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable. Great coloring job.

CarlaKH said...

sooo adorable!

Lauri said...

Beautiful coloring! Great job on the paint can...that must be a tough effect to obtain!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great image- and as usual- I admire your coloring abilities very much! TFS

Kathy said...

This is just darling. The coloring looks great and the distressed edges are perfect.

Jenn Embry said...

What a sweet card. That image is so cute.

Naomi said...

Absolutely darling! The ribbon is perfect on here! The image is precious, and once again your coloring blows my mind!