Saturday, October 23, 2010

I've been busy

**Be sure you read the post below to learn about the Caring Hearts Card Drive and the hop**

CRAFTING! It's been fun and DH has been sweet about letting me. The cards I've got for you tonight are for the SCS Card Drive Challenge. I am now only 5 challenges behind and hope to catch up some more tomorrow. So much to do and so little time, but then again, isn't that always the problem. Oh if only I could get paid doing this :)

First up is a simple birthday card. The cupcake is an old SU! set called Treat Yourself. I also used a text background from PTI on the green as well as the sentiment.

Challenges used:
SCS HYCC12: birthday card w/paper piecing
Unscripted Sketches: sketch

-------------------------------------------------------------


My second card is an any time card. It's a little scene I've been wanting to create for a while now. Not really what I had in mind, but I like it non the less. The emboss on the yellow is a texture plate from the Tim Holtz line. The balloons and cloud is from PTI's Up UP and Away. I also used the matching balloon and cloud die. For the ground I added some felt and the clouds on the blue stip where punched out and layered on white felt. To achieve the blue I wanted I used some glimmer mist as I don't own an airbrushing system.

Challenges used:
SCS HYCC16: use felt in project
Sweet Sunday Sketches

-----------------------------------------------------------


My last card is my try at meshing Vintage with Clean and Simple (CAS). The music background is from WMS Musical Background and the foliage is from Flutterby Friend. I layered some vellum over the top of the music background to soften it and distress the yellow. I like to think I got close at least, lol.

Challenges used:
SCS HYCC18: Vintage
Charisma Cards: Vintage
Creative Inspiration: Fall
Easy Craft Projects: Autumn
Waltzingmouse Sketch: sketch
Embellish: Vinage with color challenge of rust, green, yellow


Photobucket

20 comments:

Angy said...

Love all your projects! Great colors! I especially love the simplicity and bright cheeriness of the cupcake card. Thanks for creating with us at Unscripted!

The Mama Monkey said...

You were busy this weekend! My favorite is the middle card with the PTI stamps! I love that felt accent!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the cupcake in the first one. Yumm! Thanks for playing with Unscripted this week.
Gardenia

Anonymous said...

These are all wonderful! I love your take on this weeks sketch. So glad you joined US for this weeks challenge. :)

dstandard said...

What a wonderful selection of cards! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cassie, what a gorgeous vintage creation. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Allison said...

lovely selection of cards
Thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
AllisonX

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Lovely designs! Thanks for joining the Embellish Vintage Color Challenge!

Unknown said...

great cards!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love all of your cards and it is so neat you were able to play along with the Unscripted sketch. A cupcake is always a winner of an accent.

CathyRose said...

Love all three of the cards,Cassie!
That texture folder adds so much interest and I love the colors you used.

Vee said...

This is a beautiful Vintage creation. Thank you for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Pattie said...

Great Fall card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations challenge!

Julia Aston said...

Three lovely cards! what fun designs too - thanks for including the WMS Sketch on one of them!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Cassie! All of these cards are fabulous! Thanks for playing with the WMSC :)

Clare said...

Love the soft colors and simplicity! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!!

Becky Garrison said...

Such a cute card! I love the fresh, clean colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches! Becky G.

Dorcas said...

Lovely design. :-) Thanks so much fro joining in the fun at Creative Inspirations!

gale said...

Very cute cards-that middle one is my favorite!

Maile Belles said...

Great cards, your embellish card is simply classy! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.