Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lingerie Inspired?

I'm not really a lingerie type of girly-girl so when I came across this challenge I was stumped as to what to do. While looking for inspiration I was struck with the idea to use a blue satin ribbon flower pin I made as a focal point. I thought it would look really good set off with a white textured backgroud too. I kept being drawn to the rather simple yet elegant pieces, so that is what this piece is inspired by. I decided to make the card a 4.25 x 4.25 to work with the pin. I stamped the base with PTI's Damask Designs and the raised white with Text Style. On the raised layer I embossed the text and then added a layer of Chandelier Glitter Glam to give it just enough glitz. I cut out the center part of the raised layer to create a frame for the pin. What I really like about this is the fact that it's a gift and card in one, lol.

Challenges used:
SCS Hope You Can Cling To: Lingerie Inspired
EstyInspired: inspiration piece is some earrings
Craftialicous: anything goes

Photobucket

10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

That is one rockin' pin ... fabulous inspired card.

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh...this is gorgeous!! I especially love the color!!

Virginia L. said...

How gorgeous is the ribbon flower!! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Shauna said...

That is just so much fun! I love how you used the ribbon, and the blue matches my earrings so well! Lovely job!

Shauna

de said...

So pretty! Love the flower and the color is so gorgeous!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

gina g said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us a Craftalicious for our challenge. luv gina xx

Jenn Embry said...

Very pretty! you did a fab job on it!

CathyRose said...

Wonderful project! That ribbon flower is so pretty. Love the color too.

Queenie said...

This is a sooo soooo sooo beautiful, and I love love love the ribbon flower! What a terrific take on the inspiration piece! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

gale said...

Wow that turned out really cool!