I've got two card for ya'll tonight. I started making one and just couldn't stop, lol. I am trying to complete all of the challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers's Hope You Can Cling challenges. All of these card will be sent to MD Anderson's cancer unit. At the end of the month (ok, the beginning of November really) I will package all 31 cards up and send them off. I will write more about this later as it's really important to me, but I still need to make my project for tomorrow's YMH post. For both cards I made a wreath base using the circle nesties and then covering them with some twine that I've had forever. I punched out some branches using a Martha Stewart punch and covered it the Hayride Glitter Glam. The leaves are from a digi image I have (from SSD I think) that I then colored with my copics and covered with Crackle Accents. Finally, I added a little twine bow I made.
For the bigger wreath I used Tim Holtz's woodgrain embossing folder and then sponged some Vintage Photo to add to the depth. I backed the wreath on some vellum that I sponged with Vintage Photo and sprayed with Iridescent Gold Gimmer Mist. The ribbon is just some that I have had laying around for over a year.

Challenges used:2 sketches 4 you - sketch
CCEE - incoporate wood
SCS HYCC - no words
For my smaller wreath I decided to create one of those door front cards. I have seen a couple that I really inspired me (this is one of them). I coated the panels of the door with my new Rock Candy Crackle Paint and the door handle with a brad. Simple yet perfect (at least my DH thinks so, lol).
Challenges used:Lil' Red Wagon: something old and something new (old - twine, new - crackle paint)
Papercutz Challenge - anything goes
Stampin for the Weekend - Halloween or Fall themed
SCS HYCC - use twine for something other than buttons








12 comments:
both are superb! love these a lot- big hugs~
What a fantastic, creative, and unique idea! I hope it's OK with you if I try something similar with the wreath.
That's really cool looking! What a neat idea.
Love your wreath!! How clever!! Thanks so much for joining our CCEE Challenge this week!!
Oh my gosh, I love the wreaths! And that background is perfect for it!
They are both beautiful. I followed you over from 2S4Y because I went to school with a girl called Cassie K :) Love your take on Kazans skettch xx
Great idea!
Thank you for joining us over at Stampin for the Weekend
Hugs
Heidi-Mari
Wow! I love your wreath. It's got such a beautiful rustic charm. Fantastic cards!!! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y ;)
Gorgeous and a great idea! Thanks for playing at Paper Cutz!
melissa
Such a fantastic card!!!Love your wreath!!! So creative!!!
Terrific idea! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!
wow what a fabulous technique!! Love both projects
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan
Post a Comment